Yamaha Tenere 700 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yamaha Tenere 700

ifiddles

I would love this bike as I love my FZ07, however would like something to do a bit of off-roading with...too bad the seat height it way too high for me...but gets great reviews all around...

5 years late, too much $$$, genuine accessories are ridiculously expensive.

I’m interested in this bike. The CP2 engine gets rave reviews and the adventure platform appeals to me. I’m looking for something with off road capability and this checks a lot of boxes.

@Riceburner ...I'm in for whatever could be covered in two months, July and August LOL :D just need to lower it a bit for me...it's in showrooms but I have yet to go and sit on it, just going from specs...

Then there's the Hafrica Twin....or if they make a 650 version....without the buzziness of the 500.

.....I'm thinking a couple of years or more, not months.

34" seat height....I have a 31.7" seat that's wider on my current ride.

Last edited:
I preordered mine today in blue! I'm on the list, delivery should be late may or early june.
This will be my first brand new motorcycle, I'm pretty excited.
Anybody interested in a very well set up husky te450 or a nicely farkled versys 650? They both have to go to pay for the new one lol.
4e3283d6c1b29e7ae672adc571f4b82e.jpg
9bd59c0c66422a0de35ff81b2937dc83.jpg
2dcec76d3c16d5a56697c19a35636796.jpg

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Surprisingly this bike took forever to get to Market given the motor and excellent Tenere 660 already existed

Sat on it when it was being circulated to dealers a few weeks ago. Very high seat and ruggedly crude for the intended off-road focus.

Will be interesting to see how it performs on the highway with the added weight of crash bars, engine guards and luggage. The centre stand must weigh 10 lbs. (very robust)

This bike should do well considering how little the KLR, DR650 or VStrom have been developed and it is considerably cheaper than the current Africa Twin until the much rumoured AT 850 arrives.

The simple low tech approach will make it appealing for RTW travel.

Yamaha should also bring the Tracer 700 as many would like a more cost effective sport tourer.

I preordered mine today in blue! I'm on the list, delivery should be late may or early june.
This will be my first brand new motorcycle, I'm pretty excited.
Anybody interested in a very well set up husky te450 or a nicely farkled versys 650? They both have to go to pay for the new one lol.
4e3283d6c1b29e7ae672adc571f4b82e.jpg
9bd59c0c66422a0de35ff81b2937dc83.jpg
2dcec76d3c16d5a56697c19a35636796.jpg

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Nice! Ordered mine a few weeks back too before even seeing or sitting on it, in red, will BE my first new bike too, wasn't sure anyone on here would get the T7 new, sat on the bike when it came to VOS, loved it! Trying to get a few people together for some Rally events in the summer like the Dacre to put her through her paces, and an ADV loop through adirondacks later on if your interested

Last edited:
I would love this bike as I love my FZ07, however would like something to do a bit of off-roading with...too bad the seat height it way too high for me...but gets great reviews all around...

If you just want a bit of off roading and have no experience, a 450+ tall rally inspired bike may be overkill, it is a tall bike, and lots of experienced off roaders don't lower them, that defeats the whole ground clearance. I would suggest waiting for some used CB500X Rally Raid kitted bikes to pop up, or grab a CRF/WR 250 to bash up. Some videos make the bike look easy to manage and maneuver, it maybe, though weight is weight and always there. I was going to get a KTM 990 this year to replace the CBX, then a guy at work got one, and I gave it a rip, its a very capable bike, though for my skills I could take the CBX further off road, albeit slower with more confidence. The 990 is a heavy pig, online videos make it look like a dirt bike.

Last edited:
If you just want a bit of off roading and have no experience, a 450+ tall rally inspired bike may be overkill, it is a tall bike, and lots of experienced off roaders don't lower them, that defeats the whole ground clearance. I would suggest waiting for some used CB500X Rally Raid kitted bikes to pop up, or grab a CRF/WR 250 to bash up. Some videos make the bike look easy to manage and maneuver, it maybe, though weight is weight and always there. I was going to get a KTM 990 this year to replace the CBX, then a guy at work got one, and I gave it a rip, its a very capable bike, though for my skills I could take the CBX further off road, albeit slower with more confidence. The 990 is a heavy pig, online videos make it look like a dirt bike.

@ScorpionT16 ...I wouldn't get it not just because of the height, but exactly why you said...too heavy and I don't have the off road experience to handle it...looking for a used tw200 but not many out there...

Back
Top Bottom