Yamaha FZ-10 Details released today, April 12. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yamaha FZ-10 Details released today, April 12.

Nice!

Looks really good.

I checked the link for technical specs
no mention of hp
every other spec but hp or did I miss that

Thanks for the update.

Do you think this bad boy will ever find the North American market??
http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/eu/products/motorcycles/sport-heritage/xjr1300-racer.aspx

My opinion... no. That style of bike has been popular in interest, not so much in sales. Yamaha opted not to bring the SR400 to Canada and I think that was the right choice. It was too expensive for what you got versus the other options were in the same price category. I am not personally sure there is a big enough demand for the XJR1300, especially at $17,500 (which is today's converted price). You are in Super Tenere territory there. I like the styling but that is a big price tag for styling.

I don't know who decides what models do, or do not come to Canada (or any market), but it must be a stressful job. The R1M and YXZ1000R were hits, but the Bolt's sales were not what I expected them to be, and I'd be surprised if anyone's sales forecasts were accurate. Personally I would wait and see how the XSR900's do and make my decision accordingly. The XSR700 has been available for 2 years in Europe and we didn't get that either. Keep in mind these are my personal thoughts and they are not representative of anybody in charge of anything.. ;)

Nice bike. I've been wondering what it would cost here. I'd get the grey/flouro one.. Never owned a Yamaha before..

Even with that weird looking face I love this bike. And, at couple of grand less than a Tuono, it pretty compelling. Wonder if my local dealer would take a car on trade...

I was waiting for this bike, but at this price forget it.

The GSX-S1000 for $12,300 is a much better deal.

Does the GSX-S have all the same features?

Abs, cruise, traction, etc?

Does the GSX-S have all the same features?

Abs, cruise, traction, etc?

TC and ABS but no cruise.

$15,499 is darn high. I foresee rebates on leftover models.

Yamaha is on a roll. The bike looks great with the fluoro wheels. The msrp may not be the strongest point, but with that HP/performance, this bike is not for beginners, so it can't be cheap. Suzuki is cheaper? Well, what's else is new?

2017_FZ-10_Grey_3.png

Having owned my share of Slutzukis they are cheaper for a reason. Total bottom feeder company. They have the same electrical faults from the seventies ( rectifiers/stators) that strand you. Will not buy one again ( used).

The Fz-10 is a blatant rip off of the S1000R genre and about the same in price, the BMW will prove to be better as the ABS/electronics is far ahead of Yamaha. BMW has dynamic suspension as well.

The grey certainly has more personality then the black.

The Yamaha, however, should be cheaper to operate in the long run.

Let's wait for the tests to confirm this summer...

BB

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom