Yamaha did it - NIKEN | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yamaha did it - NIKEN

From Smout's fb page.
Annotation%202019-04-10%20143255_zps7zsr24lu.jpg

What the **** is this.

I leave the scene for a few years and come back to see this?! What's next? A 3 wheel conversion of the R6?

Anyone wanna try dragging knee on one of these to see how stable it is? lol

What the **** is this.

I leave the scene for a few years and come back to see this?! What's next? A 3 wheel conversion of the R6?

Anyone wanna try dragging knee on one of these to see how stable it is? lol
It only goes to 45 degrees, you'll have to stick your knee way out to drag it. I guess theoretically with some sticky rubber, you could get it leaned over more by flying the upper wheel but yikes. At that point one fork is taking all the load and is probably out of travel.

Alright fellas. I can understand that the bike might look stupid, and you might not like it, but to say that this is a stupid idea is wrong.

Yamaha is a huge company, the marketing and designing team probably get paid in the millions. I’m sure they don’t just come up with the idea and build a prototype and then release it into the market. I’m sure there were several meetings before something like this even gets considered, it probably took a lot of convincing to do and a lot of evidence presented to prove that there is a need for this bike for a specific group of riders.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Alright fellas. I can understand that the bike might look stupid, and you might not like it, but to say that this is a stupid idea is wrong.

Yamaha is a huge company, the marketing and designing team probably get paid in the millions. I’m sure they don’t just come up with the idea and build a prototype and then release it into the market. I’m sure there were several meetings before something like this even gets considered, it probably took a lot of convincing to do and a lot of evidence presented to prove that there is a need for this bike for a specific group of riders.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
What group of riders is that? If it locked vertically, I am 100% on the same page as you. If physical limitations prevented me from being on two wheels, I would take this is a heartbeat over a trike/spyder. Unfortunately it doesn't lock vertically so the only people that can ride this can also easily ride two wheels. Maybe that was an idea that ended up on cut through the process (for instance, locking vertically on a side slope would be bad and multi-angle locking would drive the price up even higher) but I think they should have left it as a concept or killed it at that point.

Back
Top Bottom