Yamaha Demo | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yamaha Demo

psycho44

Site Supporter
not in Toronto but thought I share it anyways for those interested in FZ6R. Met a video blogger at the demo didn't realize he was blogging must have cut him off a few times lol.

[video=youtube;Jp3DtC0fz2M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp3DtC0fz2M&feature=channel&list=UL[/video]

and here's me on the VStar 950

not in Toronto but thought I share it anyways for those interested in FZ6R. Met a video blogger at the demo didn't realize he was blogging must have cut him off a few times lol.

I test rode the FZ6R when I went to RFS last year. Now look at my sig, you'll see what I think of the bike. ;)

the FZ6 crowd likes to hate on it, but even tho it shares part of it's name, it's not a direct replacement for the FZ6. it's a whole other bike. I've rode the FZ6r and really quite enjoyed it. My only complaint is a lack of suspension adjustments, other than that it's a solid bike. Really considered getting one of those to replace my Ninja 250, but ended up going a different route.

I am happy owner FZ6 and I do not hate on FZ6R. I think it is a great beginner bike. My hate is on Yamaha for confusing people with the naming - FZ6 is really very different bike from FZ6R

I am happy owner FZ6 and I do not hate on FZ6R. I think it is a great beginner bike. My hate is on Yamaha for confusing people with the naming - FZ6 is really very different bike from FZ6R

well, there's always an exception.

I wouldn't call it a beginner bike. It IS a great bike for a beginner, not too twitchy, but it is also a great touring bike. Well, that's what I think anyways. My first choice was an FZ6 but they stopped making it when I started looking for a replacement.

PS: Yamaha seems to agree with you though, that's how they market it.

I wouldn't call it a beginner bike. It IS a great bike for a beginner, not too twitchy, but it is also a great touring bike. Well, that's what I think anyways. My first choice was an FZ6 but they stopped making it when I started looking for a replacement.

PS: Yamaha seems to agree with you though, that's how they market it.

I agree with touring - good ergonomics, lightweight tourer. Just because I (and Yamaha) call it beginners does not mean it would not suit other purposes :) I recently tested 2012 V-Strom 650 - it felt gutless compared to my FZ6 but I loved it - what a great bike.
And I think this is where hate comes from within FZ6 crowd - FZ6R is heavier, less power and torque, different frame, etc and yet lots of people would think it is just newer better version of FZ6. But if you look at it without comparing to FZ6 - good package for beginners, light touring, commuting, etc

btw, my first bike was also GS500 - I still miss it!

And if they'd still make the FZ6 we'd both have one! I also miss the GS500f, but it was a little temperamental in the end.

-int15

Back
Top Bottom