wtf? ktm doesn't sell 690 smc in north america no more? | GTAMotorcycle.com

wtf? ktm doesn't sell 690 smc in north america no more?

SkyRider

the SMC isn't listed on neither the usa nor canada's ktm site. darn! i was hoping to get one in the future. however the 690 enduro is still listed. i guess you can just swap out the dirt tires with SM tires?

Hmmm ... You are right the website doesn't list. Odd, but it wouldn't be the first weird KTM NA move in years. Try to call a dealer and see what they have to say about it.

Or the Duke,basically all the bikes that I was saving up for are being removed one by one. lol guess I gotta look at another manufacturer.

Husqvarna Nuda as someone on this forum enlightened me too... It is on my short list of initial purchases after I win the lotto!

They don't sell them for the same reason yamaha doesn't import the 660 tenere. They're idiots who don't truly understand their markets.

I traded my Duc Streetfighter in for the KTM 690 SMC I guess I got lucky, because I shortly found out it was their last unit and KTM wasn't selling 2011's. Its an awesome bike so I don't understand KTM's logic. Hope you find a left over 2010 like I did or you could get the Enduro R. Pretty much the same bike except for a few minor differences. You could then look around for someone selling the 17 inch wheels. Look around supermotojunkie dot com. You'd have a really good and flexible package for road/track/dirt.

I traded my Duc Streetfighter in for the KTM 690 SMC I guess I got lucky, because I shortly found out it was their last unit and KTM wasn't selling 2011's. Its an awesome bike so I don't understand KTM's logic. Hope you find a left over 2010 like I did or you could get the Enduro R. Pretty much the same bike except for a few minor differences. You could then look around for someone selling the 17 inch wheels. Look around supermotojunkie dot com. You'd have a really good and flexible package for road/track/dirt.

dont like the streetfighter?

I loved looking at it and it was/is my dream bike, performance like a sport bike with a more comfortable seating position. But I didn't ride it much, not suitable for around the city going around in the first two gears. I did put in 16,000km in 2 years, but most of that was riding from here to the west coast. Yes I do miss her still. But the SMC is a lot of fun and putting knobbies of 50/50 tires on it will allow me to explore more places.

Back
Top Bottom