WOOT for Slime emergency tire repair gooey stuff (bought from Canadian Tire for $10) | GTAMotorcycle.com

WOOT for Slime emergency tire repair gooey stuff (bought from Canadian Tire for $10)

toysareforboys

Banned
Site Supporter
I've had a slow leak in my rear since it was pretty much new. It's getting close to the end of its life now so I never bothered checking it. About a week ago I picked up a nice sized screw in my tire. I took the screw out and used one of those "rope" type tire repair kits. I also found the slow leaker and used the same rope type kit on it as well. I used it on my previous tire without issues, but on this tire it held for about a day then started leaking pretty bad again, from both spots where I had done the repair.

I called a few places looking for a new tire, either everyone was at SOAR or all they had was scrubs, etc. One of the places recommended I use "slime" to fix it until I order a new tire from Pete and replace it in a week or two.

I bought a 16oz bottle of Slime from CT for $10: http://bit.ly/pluxws
200807151156575018_sml.jpg

Followed the directions (take out valve stem internals with included tool, squirt green stuff into tire, reinstall stem internals, inflate, spin tire).

For the "spin tire" part I took it up to 200kph for a bit. When I shut it down I could see where a little bit of the green stuff leaked through the major leak, didn't notice anything from any of the minor leaks. I soaped her up and it wasn't leaking a drop of air from anywhere!! Tire felt balanced and fine at 200.

I would recommend this stuff for emergency repairs hands down! They even have an "auto inflate" product that squirts in the green stuff and inflates your tire at the same time (without removing the valve internals)!!

I'm debating about putting this stuff in my brand new tire when I get it mounted. When I think about how I almost lost it riding Twyn Rivers VERY (wouldn't even give a reading on my digital tire gauge) low on pressure (was fine approx 45 mins earlier when I had checked it), this stuff would be great to have in there to "auto seal" any future punctures!

Not sure how much of a mess it's going to make when replacing the tire, but I'll post back in a week or two and let you know how that goes, and also how well it held up!

http://www.slime.com/product/74/Tire-Sealant.html

-Jamie M.

Last edited:
take that tire to your buddys place to be changed. that green crap gets all over the tire machine, big mess for him not us

This stuff is ok in an absolute emergency, however I've seen it damage tire pressure sensors and if you leave it in the tire it can harden and cause a balance problem

This stuff is ok in an absolute emergency, however I've seen it damage tire pressure sensors and if you leave it in the tire it can harden and cause a balance problem
Thanks for the info. Is there another product like it you would recommend to put in a brand new tire?

-Jamie M.

Just a friendly suggestion to anyone that uses this kind of product, if you ever take it to a shop after....Please notify the shop that you have used something like that....Its a really messy surprise for a tire changer when they are not aware of it while doing a tire change....

And dont expect the clean up of the inside of the rim to be free with the tire change either...LOL

Back
Top Bottom