Why the wave? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why the wave?

Mercaholic

Guys, I don't have time to raise my hand a hundred times a day, so stop it already.

I don't when I past Harleys on my Jap bikes and when I ride my Harley, I get no waves anyway...a good thing.

Is it really necessary anyway? The Wave dates with me back to the mid '60s and it was meant as a symbol that all was well up the road ahead, especially with the propensity of cops looking out to stop any biker. That is not the situation today.

And if any of you E bikers wave, my middle finger is going up. Enough!

Anyone with me on this?

It amuses me that you feel so inclined to find the energy to raise a middle finger, but you're not willing to extend a hand.

May I also add that for someone using a word like propensity, you certainly have a terrible grasp of grammar and spelling.

i wave at everyhing... even cats

Back before i started riding, i asked a buddy why the wave.
he stated it was for ride/be safe.

That is why i wave.

do what you want to do. . .don't feel obligated to wave. . .

i don't wave expecting the other guy to wave back. you have no control over what other people do, so just let go of it. . .

worry about what you have control over--if you don't want to wave back, don't. if you do, then wave.

bottom line, motorcycling is about freedom. . .that includes the freedom to ride how you like. . .i think every rider understands that.

. . .lol, just know that i'm still going to wave at you. . .even when you're on your harley

Guys, I don't have time to raise my hand a hundred times a day, so stop it already.

I don't when I past Harleys on my Jap bikes and when I ride my Harley, I get no waves anyway...a good thing.

Is it really necessary anyway? The Wave dates with me back to the mid '60s and it was meant as a symbol that all was well up the road ahead, especially with the propensity of cops looking out to stop any biker. That is not the situation today.

And if any of you E bikers wave, my middle finger is going up. Enough!

Anyone with me on this?

A) You don't have the time? I sure do. I also have time to go riding in the first place.

B) I don't know your age, but I'm going to go ahead and guess that you spend most of your time complaining about the youth these days and how things were so much better a few decades ago. And yet now you're wishing that things were less like the 60s.

C) Is anyone remotely surprised someone with a name like "mercaholic" would be antisocial?

so when you get rocked by a car or a breakdown the rest of us will wave a we pass you by.

the wave, we are all in this together. insurance rates and when a car has its way.

No sir, please dont feel obligated to wave back. Waving are for riders that knows brotherhood and acknowledgement. We certainly dont want doucheee bags in the brotherhood! =0)

that is funny, what are you too busy doing? texting?

I think Mercaholic is so upset because raising his hand that many times severly impacts his love life

Stop with these threads already, just add to the other million threads about "waving".

Dunno the wave is kind of similar to the "like" button on facebook.

Last edited:
Why does the acquisition of a piece of equipment demand that I become "FAMILY" with everyone else that make the same purchase?

Based on the things I see my "BROTHERS" do in public, most of the time I'm embarrassed to be part of the family.

I think we should come up with a wave for when you're not on your bike but in your car or walking somewhere, just to let the biker passing know you too have a bike that you ride. That will really get guys like the OP loosing their ****!

Just a thought, how about we implement some sort of a sign to wear so that we wont have to wave at those who does not want to be waved at. Like wearing a flourescent pink dot on your helmet and we will pass you with out waving. Its a problem for us friendlies too not knowing who is stuck up on their high horse or not.

6a00d83451eb0069e2011570ea5170970c-800wi

Back
Top Bottom