Why do riders do this? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why do riders do this?

why do riders do this? Is this a common occurrence? Can't say I have ever dumped a bike and then gotten up and took another bike.

Bought a bike, couldn't afford to safety and register it, no insurance. Crashed it, abandoned it because nothing ties the bike to him. Bike's a write off anyway and if he sticks around, it's a $5000 fine and insurance blacklist forever. No brainer.

For all the bikes I've ever sold, I keep the bill-of-sale in my files. Both purchaser and seller names printed, signatures. Have returned my plate/sticker to get that invoice from MTO. And I usually keep some of the emails/messages. Would serve as evidence if the cops come and ask me about the bike and/or if there is some sort of liability or insurance claim.

Bought a bike, couldn't afford to safety and register it, no insurance. Crashed it, abandoned it because nothing ties the bike to him. Bike's a write off anyway and if he sticks around, it's a $5000 fine and insurance blacklist forever. No brainer.
Damn, that would suck.

For all the bikes I've ever sold, I keep the bill-of-sale in my files. Both purchaser and seller names printed, signatures. Have returned my plate/sticker to get that invoice from MTO. And I usually keep some of the emails/messages. Would serve as evidence if the cops come and ask me about the bike and/or if there is some sort of liability or insurance claim.
Harley riders dont do that sort of thing.
They got all that dentist money, why skip out on insurance?

You can go to the MTO and de-register any vehicle you've sold. Don't even need a bill of sale.

No further hassles from cops or insurance companies after that. And you can get rid of your mountain of paperwork on all your prior vehicles.

...but it gives the cops a trail to follow if you keep the info. I digitize non critical stuff...now just takes up drive or cloud space.

Criminals are not the brightest...
I know one petty crook who stole a Tim Hortons van that was left running outside a gas station....
After a short police pursuit the van ended up in a ditch and the crook in handcuffs.

The crook was puzzled as to why the police bothered to chase... "I thought they weren't allowed to unless it was something major..?"

I said.... "You stole a minivan full of doughnuts... 'You think the cops are going to let you get away..?"

"Oh, yeah.... Lol. That makes total sense"

self employed plumber is gonna earn like a dentist

think BP was referring to the image of an office worker
that buys a Harley and looks like an SOA cast member on weekends

Exactly what I was thinking, don't they make like $80/hr?

Red Seal journeyman will earn that as an employee in a union role

self employed one with a few workers will do very well

Still a huge PITA though, you have to work for someone in the field first likely with no experience, after a certain amount of time they may or may not decide to take you on as an apprentice.

Not a clear cut path as a traditional education

For years I had no idea how to even go about it.

Reactions: J_F

Back
Top Bottom