Why do people paint, sticker, or install dark windscreens on sports bikes? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why do people paint, sticker, or install dark windscreens on sports bikes?

Is this a serious question? Do you think people actually look through them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On my CBR RR I did a smoked windscreen to prevent the display from being washed out by the sun.

Also in a full tuck there was no way you would be looking through it either.

It was also a double bubble which lessened the buffeting while in a full tuck as well as while not tucking.

I had a light tinted one on my 750 because it looked better than the clear screen. On the new whip, i'm sticking to the stock screen.

In a full tuck I can look thru mine. I'm almost never in a full tuck. Looks nicer, but it came that way to me.

for aesthetics.

I personally like the stock clear look more.

My bike is so small that sometimes I find myself looking down through the windscreen to see the tach, lol. And I'm not tall.

Last edited:
It's so the sun doesn't melt my chocolate bars, duh.

It's so the sun doesn't melt my chocolate bars, duh.
lol.. duh!
I like stickers.
They add horsepower! Especially when they obstruct your vision on the windscreen or on the fairings over the engine..:glasses2:
To be more on topic though to the thread, both the R1's I've bought had, had smoked double bubbles on them, they looked great and I could still see through them in a full tuck on the highway going 200++. Which wasn't often enough.

I get an aftermarket screen to change the wind profile that hits me. Slightly larger so that the wind can go over my head..

People change the color of their wind screens for aesthetics. If you spent more time riding, instead of on this forum you might go faster in corners. Instead, you continue improving upon your typed words per minute. Cubicle troll.

This :eek:

I can see through mine if I have to but I don't often ride with my helmet on the tank. Looks a lot better than the stock imo

4j6o2t.jpg

My bike came with a dark tint windscreen and it looks nice.
Roomie, your bike looks great. What do you use to maintain your wheels to look so clean.

Thanks guys. That pic it was about 4 days old. I actually just had the wheels powder coated white so they're easier to clean. It just stays clean and inside covered up when not in use is the only way. I wash it once a week at least etc.

I did mean to add that my dislike of my windscreen is if you look closely you can see 'scratch' marks from cleaning it and I only use microfiber on it. I may try a lighter smoked version to see if it goes away.

Back
Top Bottom