Who's still riding? Fall & Winter 2022 (& 2023!) edition! | Page 58 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? Fall & Winter 2022 (& 2023!) edition!

Like I've said previously, far too many pictures in my past history of my car completely buried in April.

I'm not holding my breath.

I think you should suspend yourself from GTAM for a month for having uttered this.

🤫😄

I visited Phil last September. He wasn't on duty so I left him a note on a piece of paper. Asking for a short winter and a hot spring.

Maybe the note got blown away by the wind and he didn't get to read it. (I think I may have addressed it to the "Dumb Rat". Maybe he got offended)

:cry:

View attachment 66704

View attachment 66705

View attachment 66706
Is this PA?? We've been to Punxsutawny and saw the FRP gophers but didn't make to the actual lair.

Is this PA?? We've been to Punxsutawny and saw the FRP gophers but didn't make to the actual lair.
Yes.
You mean these buggers?
They are everywhere throughout town. Only managed to get a pic with this one near the Punxsutawney Weather Discovery Center.

1711065306599.png

Hey what's that seat pad you got?

Looks like an Airhawk to me.

If you can get the early original models they were good. Unfortunatley like all good things, when they got big they cheaped out on production and switched from a nice supple material to cheaper less supple material for the actual air bits inside it. If you want the equivalent of an early-model Airhawk, look at the Wild Ass pads instead - built like airhawks used to be built.

PP is correct. Airhawk.
@ToSlow
You are welcome to try it for a ride if you would like.
That reminds me, Those mirrors still have your name on it. We just need to meet up.

My neighborhood got resalted tonight. Beater bike only for a little while longer.
Looks to me like the spreading of salt yesterday was at triple the amount as normal. Roads and sidewalks are like gravel. That time of the year to get rid of unused salt stock. Your tax dollars at work.
I've noticed over the years that the town pays to have someone drive a snow plow on every single sidewalk in town every day regardless if any snow has fallen. Here, your job is to take this machine for a tour of Alliston every day. Enjoy.

Here, your job is to take this machine for a tour of Alliston every day. Enjoy

Sound good. Where do I sign up?

Seriously though, if something ever happened with my current employer (where I've been for coming up on 25 years) I'm going to seriously look into the snow removal gig. Brutal hours when there's a snow event, but the rest of the time you just collect standby pay, and get laid off over the summer and can collect EI...which would be pretty awesome for riding season. 😁

A guy like me with ~30 years experience in heavy equipment and a clean record are in high demand, I'd not have any trouble finding the kind of work I want.

Airhawks also have a habit of totally disconnecting you from the bike, and removing all feedback :(

A better seat, change in ergonomics(slight forward learn), or kegels would be my first move

Airhawks also have a habit of totally disconnecting you from the bike, and removing all feedback :(

Not if you use them properly. A lot of people don't read the directions and blow them up like a balloon, and yeah, then you get that effect.

When used properly there is only a couple millimetres of air between you and the seat - they basically look like they are deflated/flat when you are not sitting on them, and this isn't a problem.

Not if you use them properly. A lot of people don't read the directions and blow them up like a balloon, and yeah, then you get that effect.

When used properly there is only a couple millimetres of air between you and the seat - they basically look like they are deflated/flat when you are not sitting on them, and this isn't a problem.
with 0 air they're still bulky.

Back
Top Bottom