Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2018 Edition) | Page 42 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2018 Edition)

It actually looks like it is snowing outside right now (in Scarb just a few flakes)..... will this $hit never end... I use to like winter much more before riding, but now I just want to get the bike out for a run.
Tell me about it. So sick of it. Been snowing for the past hour in North GTA.

Too early in my opinion to get out for a ride this week. Still plenty of salt up here in Durham area.

Thought about getting the bike out this afternoon for a quick 20 minutes to test out all the new stuff I put on over the winter. Problem is that the DRZ is in the back shop, and our backyard still has 6 plus inches of snow, ice, and standing water, so no ride today.

Maybe Friday depending on how things go.

Too early in my opinion to get out for a ride this week. Still plenty of salt up here in Durham area.

Good thing here in Port Perry is all the salt on my street is covered by snow! :)

..Tom

Went for my first ride this season. Did about 30k thru slush and snow in Cordova Mines on a dirt bike. Bleak area!

Where are you all seeing double digits for Friday?? I am only seeing hi of 9 low of -1 (plus windy)

You proved my point anyway, where are the double digits?

FWIW Weather Network App is talking highs of +10°c Thursday and Friday for Vaughn.

..Tom

FWIW Weather Network App is talking highs of +10°c Thursday and Friday for Vaughn.
Who the heck likes riding to Vaughn....;);)... meh I will believe when I see it. Considering how crap it's been lately.

You need to look at forecasts some distance north of the lake to see the double digits. Us lake huggers will be feeling the cooling effects thereof.

I haven't yet got my bike to the shop to get my new rubber put on....every time I pick a day the forecast ends up going to the shitz and we get crap like Monday...where it was forecasted to be nice on Friday, but then ends up crappy, wet, and we even got some snow.

Fingers crossed for Friday.

Who the heck likes riding to Vaughn....;);)... meh I will believe when I see it. Considering how crap it's been lately.

It's where I work but more importantly it supports the double digit temperatures.

..Tom

It's where I work but more importantly it supports the double digit temperatures.

..Tom
I believe you may have been spotted! Saw this on facebook a little while ago.
873af2001c25ef826a3f59feda656ae4.jpg
8caaa8695fc1460bdfac70b90d758e47.jpg

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

I believe you may have been spotted! Saw this on facebook a little while ago.
873af2001c25ef826a3f59feda656ae4.jpg
8caaa8695fc1460bdfac70b90d758e47.jpg

No that one's not me. Same topcase but different mirrors, I don't use engine guards and never have side racks on.

Good to see there is another nutcase like me out there. (Btw my 2015 V-Strom 1000 has over 160,000 km on it.

..Tom

No that one's not me. Same topcase but different mirrors, I don't use engine guards and never have side racks on.

Good to see there is another nutcase like me out there. (Btw my 2015 V-Strom 1000 has over 160,000 km on it.

..Tom
I was sure it was you lol. That is some serious mileage, and on your last one as well. You're a legend in my mind!

I was sure it was you lol. That is some serious mileage, and on your last one as well. You're a legend in my mind!

Haha Thanks!

I have had three V-Strom's since I started riding Strom's in 2006. I parked my 2006 DL650 in March of 2012 with 202,000 km. I replaced it with a 2012 DL650 that I sold in August of 2015 with 139,500+ km when I got my present V-Strom, a 2015 DL1000 that now has over 160,000 km. I have ridden a total over over 500,000 km on these three Stroms.

There are pictures of my bikes on Streetview. Some sitting at work, some in the driveway and can see one in a satellite view.

Here is me while riding, both from summer of 2018:

Bloomington near Bathurst:

N1gnyBZ.jpg

Springside near Jane St (I had been taking with the lady York regional officer):

AXg3g39.jpg

..Tom

Just 5 hours south of us they are having mid teen temperatures right now, Toronto is in such a crappy spot weather wise

Just 5 hours south of us they are having mid teen temperatures right now, Toronto is in such a crappy spot weather wise
Lived the first 16 years of my life in Saskatchewan....wanna talk about crap weather?! LOL! Toronto ain't too bad. Had snow banks there till early to mid May ?
On the other hand we would all just hop out our back yards into the alley ways on our sleds and go ham anywhere.
When I moved here I was riding the sled around Oakville on the roads before they were plowed thinking it was fine (just what I grew up doing in small town Sask), but nope, all my neighbours called the cops on me and got in schit!

Back
Top Bottom