Which Bike? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Which Bike?

S500K

What would be a better "starter" track bike?

SV 650 vs the ZX6r, CBR 600, or GSXR 600

I sat on many of these from years 98 - 05 and road a few. All felt comfortable for my legs and arms. I heard the SV is easier to ride as if your in not the optimal gear it will still have the pull to get you through a corner, where as the 600's there is a certain optimal gear to be in for turns. Anyone hear of something along these lines?

I know there will need to be certain adjustments to the bike to make it work better as well.

Thanks in advance for replies...

The SV, by a long shot. They need suspension help in stock form, but with that done, they are really good.

Which bike? That one. Over there.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What would be a better "starter" track bike?

SV 650 vs the ZX6r, CBR 600, or GSXR 600

I sat on many of these from years 98 - 05 and road a few. All felt comfortable for my legs and arms. I heard the SV is easier to ride as if your in not the optimal gear it will still have the pull to get you through a corner, where as the 600's there is a certain optimal gear to be in for turns. Anyone hear of something along these lines?

I know there will need to be certain adjustments to the bike to make it work better as well.

Thanks in advance for replies...

If you really road a 600SS you would know that gear selection is critical to getting good drive out of a corner (not through a corner).

Yes, the SV650 would be the easiest...

However, I personally think you'll be begging for a 600 in no time. As for "which" 600... they're all the same. Get whatever one you like the price and looks of the best ;)

Good luck

What are you trying to accomplish?

If you want to develop your skills to become a very fast track rider or racer, an SV is a better starting point.
If you just want to have fun with your buddies at trackdays, a 600 is more fun.

Differences between them are meaningless, you'll learn what it takes to ride which ever one you have.

out of a corner (not through a corner).

Right. Not the best at explanations. Not wanting to race just have fun, 2 track days a month would be what I'm looking to do.

Back
Top Bottom