Where to get tires installed | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where to get tires installed

ungoloth

Site Supporter
I'm looking at new tires and the cost is a stark difference ($300) between dealership and fortnine.
The problem is installation. Some won't install them unless bought there.
Any suggestions who installs with no regard to where they are purchased?
This is a new bike so no hack mechanics please.
Happy Apexes.

I find it hard to believe that online tire pricing would be $300 better than what a decent independent shop (Pro 6, Riders Choice, etc) could do, provided you bought the tires there.

Most shops I talk to will beat fortnine by a couple bucks. Ace moto tech and RMS in Ottawa both beat fortnine on the sets of tires I got this year. Everyone orders from parts Canada anyway so every shop can get the same price as fortnine. Call someone else

Also you could change a tire in 15 minutes with a hook knife and some zip ties and a static balancer. Never scratched a rim yet. Me and @Matt Rain just did a zip tie tire install on his FJ a couple weeks ago

I'm looking at new tires and the cost is a stark difference ($300) between dealership and fortnine.
The problem is installation. Some won't install them unless bought there.
Any suggestions who installs with no regard to where they are purchased?
This is a new bike so no hack mechanics please.
Happy Apexes.
Snow City and Markham Power shouldnt care where you buy your tires, you just won't qualify for an overall service discount because of your choice. I know Snow City will also reduce the service cost if you just bring the wheels and tires in.

I find it hard to believe that online tire pricing would be $300 better than what a decent independent shop (Pro 6, Riders Choice, etc) could do, provided you bought the tires there.
I just looked at a set of Michelin Road 5
GP bikes front $319, rear $456
Fortnine front $216, rear $282
Petes front $173, rear $237

I just looked at a set of Michelin Road 5
GP bikes front $319, rear $456
Fortnine front $216, rear $282
Petes front $173, rear $237
$319 front? including service?

Ken's Motoworks in Whitby does it.

I went to Platinum Motorsports. Fun road trip & the price was pretty good

I went to Platinum Motorsports. Fun road trip & the price was pretty good

Donald and staff are the best! Highly recommend and worth the ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ted at Rosey Toes did the wife's tires recently for me. $20 per wheel off the bike. Scratching the rims was free.
(Two or three small scratches, but they are there.)

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Had both our bikes rears replaced at Blackstock recently. Took my wifes Vstar in complete with the loose tire and I think it was $120 or something after tax. Took the rear off my Vulcan (book labour on that bike for the rear tire re and re is something like 6 hours, insane) and I think it was $80 or something like that after tax.

Neither super cheap, but supporting my local.

Wouldn't mind a good answer to this question in the Niagara region. Recently had tires mounted by a local dealer but they charged me more in person than they said they would over the phone...

Had both our bikes rears replaced at Blackstock recently. Took my wifes Vstar in complete with the loose tire and I think it was $120 or something after tax. Took the rear off my Vulcan (book labour on that bike for the rear tire re and re is something like 6 hours, insane) and I think it was $80 or something like that after tax.

Neither super cheap, but supporting my local.
$135 install. It's not worth my time to just bring in the wheels at that price.

Also you could change a tire in 15 minutes with a hook knife and some zip ties and a static balancer. Never scratched a rim yet. Me and @Matt Rain just did a zip tie tire install on his FJ a couple weeks ago

A DIY thread would be nice... might even turn out to be a Sticky thread, thus immortalizing you forever! :p

Wouldn't mind a good answer to this question in the Niagara region. Recently had tires mounted by a local dealer but they charged me more in person than they said they would over the phone...
V-Twin Cycle
724 Morrison St
Niagara Falls
Been taking my tyres there for installation for years.

Back
Top Bottom