Where to get M1 during lockdown? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where to get M1 during lockdown?

AFAIK no drivetest centres at all are open.

There was some details posted here recently (do a search) indicating that there was some plan to allow training centres to operate without the mandatory M1 so that could be an avenue to pursue.

The service Ontario drivetest website is your best source for info

8 years ago you posted about your 3rd day on your bike in May...did you not follow through with the licensing?...why are you asking about getting an M1?

Looks at those investigative skills.

@oioioi you have to be a good investigator when you deal with 7 & 8 year olds all day! LOL

but really, it usually says 'new member' under someone's name and this one said 'active member' so I thought it might be strange...besides, I'm bored :D

@oioioi you have to be a good investigator when you deal with 7 & 8 year olds all day! LOL
I have a 9 and 6 year old at home. I know all about those skills. ?

I need an M1 to ride, the drivetest faq says the only option is to write the test at the testing centre. Since all testing centres are closed it is impossible to get an M1. There is no set date for service resumption. For anyone else who may have this question here is the relevant excerpt and a link to the source.

I would like to apply for a G1 or a M1 Driver’s Licence
There is no set date for service resumption, we encourage you to visit our website https://drivetest.ca regularly for further updates. While DriveTest is closed, driver examination services for new drivers are not available, including applications for the class M1 licence. Applicants can apply for an Ontario Driver’s Licence once DriveTest Centres reopen.

I would like to complete a knowledge test online

All knowledge tests are delivered in person with testing monitors providing over-sight to the test to ensure proper security of the test. There are currently no online options. Applicants can complete a knowledge test once DriveTest Centres reopen.

https://drivetest.ca/home/news.html

Here's a link to the post with what Sprintrider66 said:
Temporarily - M1 not required for motorcycle M2 course
I haven't seen or heard anything that corroborates this however.

I teach at the same school as Sprint66 -- received the same email from our head office.
M1 not necessary to take the course, *BUT* from what I understand, you will still need to go to the MTO to write the M1 before they give you your full M2 status and let you on the roads.

I teach at the same school as Sprint66 -- received the same email from our head office.
M1 not necessary to take the course, *BUT* from what I understand, you will still need to go to the MTO to write the M1 before they give you your full M2 status and let you on the roads.
Seems like a reasonable approach.

Hahaha. Hopefully douggie is smarter than Georgia. To avoid a testing backlog they are just gifting licenses without a road test. You just check a box in the online form that you have driven 40 hours with an adult. 20,000 licensed drivers so far.

Who wants to bet that some of those are the ones that have been unable to pass a driving test in the past and are now licensed?

Last edited:
What could possibly go wrong.

Hahaha. Hopefully douggie is smarter than Georgia. To avoid a testing backlog they are just gifting licenses without a road test. You just check a box in the online form that you have driven 40 hours with an adult. 20,000 licensed drivers so far.

Who wants to bet that some of those are the ones that have been unable to pass a driving test in the past and are now licensed?

Yes I heard about this last week.
Seems like a dumb decision that can only be made in the USA.

Atleast it might revive Canada'sWorst Driver?

Atleast it might revive Canada'sWorst Driver?
If that ever comes back, can everyone here sponsor me?
I'd like to check it out.

lol I've always wanted to go play on that show. Kinda annoyed me though, that during the overlap where Cam Wooley was still employed by both the show and the OPP, he had to turn a blind eye to admissions of guilt. Like there was this one bimbo from Hamilton that admitted on the show, to multiple hit and runs. I wonder if any of the people she hit saw it and tracked her down. I think she even admitted to flirting with her driving test administrator to pass.

lol I've always wanted to go play on that show. Kinda annoyed me though, that during the overlap where Cam Wooley was still employed by both the show and the OPP, he had to turn a blind eye to admissions of guilt. Like there was this one bimbo from Hamilton that admitted on the show, to multiple hit and runs. I wonder if any of the people she hit saw it and tracked her down. I think she even admitted to flirting with her driving test administrator to pass.
Was Wooley the one that had the souped up Vette?

I don’t know if you’ve figured it out yet, but you can go to service Ontario at Bay/College. This is the only location issuing g1/m1. Expect to go 3 hours before opening if you want a chance, they have 60 slots per day for written test and they shoo off the rest. Get there at 6:00am, because you’ll be the first group to go in at 9:00am when it opens. If you get there at 7:00am, you’ll have to wait perhaps until 11:00am until it’s your turn to get inside. The wait is exponentially longer the further in line you are.

Back
Top Bottom