where to find Ninja 400r fairing or would a 650r fairing work ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

where to find Ninja 400r fairing or would a 650r fairing work ?

modji

Sorry if I'm putting this in the wrong section.
My brother dropped my bike - ninja 400r - and now the right side is scratched up.
I have been looking online for places where I could get a fairing but the ninja 400r is a rare model.

Does anyone knows where I could get the fairing for my 400r, if not, would a 650r fairing work on it ?

Thank you

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 89
hope he's gonna pay for it lol.

ebay seems to sell fairings, you can get them painted too from some ebay sellers. though it might take a while to arrive.

Your best bet is to call the dealership and ask if Ninja 650R fairings will fit a 400R. If it does, search on kijiji/ebay or buy directly from the dealership.

P.S Doesn't seem like a drop, seems like a lowside.

ya he will pay lol. :p
I went on ebay but can't find any fairing for 2011 ninja 400r...
If the 650 fairing fits on the 400 (since its almost the same bike), then I can look for that.

Thanks tho!

400R is a relatively new bike so there probably isn't an over-abundance of previously-enjoyed parts available yet.
I'd sell-off the fairings and with the proceed$ "street-fighter" it.
3626740158_5d7d0eb279.jpg

Last edited:
I checked about a half dozen online parts fiches and, unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be an available reference for the 400. It's supposed to just be a sleeved-down 650 though, so it's a pretty good bet that the fairings are interchangeable. Your best bet would be to check at a dealer, as they should have the applicable fiche. See if the part you need is the same as the one for the 650R, by checking the number that the dealer gives you against this: http://www.partsfish.com/

@IXFe Nice bike!!!

Thanks Rob,
Well I just talked to snowcity and was informed that apparently the fairing of a 650 and 400 aren't interchangeable (I'm a bit skeptical about that). Anyway for me to change the entire right side of the fairing, it would cost $316.
I will try to find if I can find anyone who can repaint it (if its cheaper) otherwise, I'll order the fairing.
Guess next step is to install frame sliders.
What do you guys think of these ones ? http://www.satoracing.com/framesliders_ninja400.htm

I checked about a half dozen online parts fiches and, unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be an available reference for the 400. It's supposed to just be a sleeved-down 650 though, so it's a pretty good bet that the fairings are interchangeable. Your best bet would be to check at a dealer, as they should have the applicable fiche. See if the part you need is the same as the one for the 650R, by checking the number that the dealer gives you against this: http://www.partsfish.com/

i think it's not on any of the fiche's (cheapcycleparts, bike bandit, etc) because the 400 wasn't sold in the states, and those are primarily American sites. I'd ask over on Kawiforums, altho you might run into the same problem, since the bike wasn't sold in the US, they may not know much about it there either. Only other thing to do is find someone that's willing to take a fairing off their 650 for a couple minutes to check the fit, then you'll know for sure.

I'm pretty sure the 650r fairing is a direct bolt on.. if you're around barrie feel free to come over and see if mine fits.

Sorry if I'm putting this in the wrong section.
My brother dropped my bike - ninja 400r - and now the right side is scratched up.
I have been looking online for places where I could get a fairing but the ninja 400r is a rare model.

Does anyone knows where I could get the fairing for my 400r, if not, would a 650r fairing work on it ?

Thank you

Ever think of calling your local dealer?

i think it's not on any of the fiche's (cheapcycleparts, bike bandit, etc) because the 400 wasn't sold in the states, and those are primarily American sites. I'd ask over on Kawiforums, altho you might run into the same problem, since the bike wasn't sold in the US, they may not know much about it there either. Only other thing to do is find someone that's willing to take a fairing off their 650 for a couple minutes to check the fit, then you'll know for sure.

Tried a Canadian and UK fiche site also, without any luck.

Thanks a lot for your offer. The dealer is saying 316 for a the entire right side! I am curious to see if the 650 would fit. @just_luc Thanks for the offer, but I live downtown Toronto :(

Thanks a lot for your offer. The dealer is saying 316 for a the entire right side! I am curious to see if the 650 would fit. @just_luc Thanks for the offer, but I live downtown Toronto :(

What makes you think the 650's fairing is any cheaper? The 650 fairing is just as expensive even if you can find a used one.

Its not really a monetary matter, its more of an accessibility issue. It's easier to find 650r parts. But $316 is a fair price. The option to repaint is there and I'm looking for a quote. In a way, the scratches are a good reminder to be careful but its ugly lol. For sure, I'll be putting frame sliders soon tho.

A 650 fairing is easier to source.

Source isn't the issue...he knows the dealer can get one for $316. He's too cheap to drop the money and get the proper part for his bike. Price is the issue. Does the 650 even come in the same shade of black as the 400?

Source isn't the issue...he knows the dealer can get one for $316. He's too cheap to drop the money and get the proper part for his bike. Price is the issue. Does the 650 even come in the same shade of black as the 400?

lol dude, with all due respect, money is the least of my issues!!! I just started looking yesterday night, I can't weight in my options ?? Come on, I'm only asking what are my options. Anyway, I do want to thank everyone who has replied and being helpful!

GTAM member cheekeebandito does some awesome work repainting and re-finishing bike fairings. I had some road rash and a tear in my 650 fairings and he did an unbelievable job fixing it up for a reasonable price. PM him for a rough quote.

Back
Top Bottom