Where to Buy Jets | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where to Buy Jets

stnd

Site Supporter
Looking to buy some jets for a keihin pwk 33. I found places online, but if anyone knows of a place in and around the GTA that carries jets that would be helpful.

Thanks.

Most bike shops will have some
Winner's Circle in Markham is the Canadian distributor for Sudco, the North American distributor for Keihin and Mikuni
I strongly suggest you ONLY buy jets from a recognized dealer, the third party crap you find on Amazon and Aliexpress is just that: crap.
What do you need? I have jets... but i'm near Lindsay.

Thanks for the suggestions, I have a KDX220 with a Keihin PWK 33, looking for a 148 Main and 38 Pilot (I'm sure i had them and misplaced them it seems). Wanted to try a leaner setup for these hot days. Bike runs great but spark plug looks a little rich =)

I will call Winners circle to see if they have them in stock, maybe ride out there to pick it up.

KDX club! I went to Winner's Circle for the exact same reason. Kept fouling one or two plugs every ride. I bought both one and two sizes smaller on both main and pilot jets - based on the jets I have left in my carb toolbag, I think I ended up with 142 on the main and 40 on the pilot. I think I had to order the float needle on Amazon though to solve the carb float level (it usually pee'd itself through the carb overflow on the sidestand)

If you have been riding rich for a long time pull your header pipe off and check it. Mine was ridiculously carboned up and needed to be be burned out. Rode like a new bike after that, even without the jetting.

KDX club! I went to Winner's Circle for the exact same reason. Kept fouling one or two plugs every ride. I bought both one and two sizes smaller on both main and pilot jets - based on the jets I have left in my carb toolbag, I think I ended up with 142 on the main and 40 on the pilot. I think I had to order the float needle on Amazon though to solve the carb float level (it usually pee'd itself through the carb overflow on the sidestand)

If you have been riding rich for a long time pull your header pipe off and check it. Mine was ridiculously carboned up and needed to be be burned out. Rode like a new bike after that, even without the jetting.

I have never fouled it to the point of bike not running, only way i know something is off is by the sparkplug. I don't get a lot of wet sticky mess on the exhaust tip either. I have a modified carb, aftermarket pipe and open airbox, so I think that's why the 150 was recommended. But I dont think it's the main that is fouling the plug since I'm rarely WOT. Mostly lugging around on that oh so comfy seat. Only reason I never want to change to a modern bike.

How did you clean the expansion chamber?

Thanks for the suggestions, I have a KDX220 with a Keihin PWK 33, looking for a 148 Main and 38 Pilot (I'm sure i had them and misplaced them it seems). Wanted to try a leaner setup for these hot days. Bike runs great but spark plug looks a little rich =)

I will call Winners circle to see if they have them in stock, maybe ride out there to pick it up.
imho, that's not all that bad looking plug for a 2-stroke engine.

I am almost never WOT either. Probably 90% of my time has been spent at less than half throttle creeping around in Ganaraska single track.

To fix the header I tried a propane torch but it wouldn't stay lit, then eventually gave up and threw it in the fireplace with a couple of logs. It made a nifty mini-flamethrower effect for a couple of minutes as the carbon vaporized and ignited out either end. Then I bashed it with a deadblow mallet for a while to knock all the burnt stuff out. Not exactly high tech, but effective.

The pipe is too new and pretty for that procedure :LOL:. I just googled around I guess there is some caustic soda or something that can be used. I wont touch it till winter.

Can't wait to go to Ganaraska sometime soon.

imho, that's not all that bad looking plug for a 2-stroke engine.

Yeah it may not be. Bike runs strong to me, starts easily. I'm sure i wouldn't ruin anything testing one leaner on each, pilot, needle, main.

Curious what oil and ratio you are using, or is it not pre-mix.

I have never fouled it to the point of bike not running,
I fouled my plugs once going too big on my mains, had brand new plugs and as soon as I got to about 80 km/h she died on me. Had to push my bike home uphill for about 4 kilometres lol was a pretty good workout.

tons of oil
Lots of people riding here lately had to adjust their 2-smoke carbs for the weather conditions, give it a shot,
most are running 100:1 synthetics.

I fouled my plugs once going too big on my mains, had brand new plugs and as soon as I got to about 80 km/h she died on me. Had to push my bike home uphill for about 4 kilometres lol was a pretty good workout.

Always got a spare on me, haven't had to use it yet.

tons of oil
Lots of people riding here lately had to adjust their 2-smoke carbs for the weather conditions, give it a shot,
most are running 100:1 synthetics.

The manual calls for 32:1. More oil should equal less fuel, less rich. I will play around.

Back
Top Bottom