Where to buy aftermarket parts | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where to buy aftermarket parts

ex-racer

Hi I cant find a good site in canada that sells lots of aftermarket parts. I have tried Fortnine and not thrilled by it.

I'm trying to find specific little things like brake line extensions and riser bars , exhausts and seat covers, windscreen, grips, tires chains and basically aftermarket stuff.

Just cant find a good solution for even finding stuff let alone at a good price.

Please help

Sent from my SM-A102W using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Try blue streak racing. Their name has come up a lot in the past and people seemed very happy with them.

Try blue streak racing. Their name has come up a lot in the past and people seemed very happy with them.

They used to have way more selection on their site, but now it looks like they only sell Oberon clutch slaves, levers, and signals.

Royal Distributing sells a surprising amount of stuff online. Some of their normal prices are better than F9, too.

Petes Superbike covers a lot of basics, in addition to tires.

You can also try Bayside performance. He is out in BC.
Unfortunately sometimes parts are easier to find in the US and even with exchange sometimes cheaper. Only issue now is getting the parts here. I always shipped to my US address but now I cant cross the border to get them. Shipping within the US is cheap but if it has to come to Canada its usually expensive

Any of the bigger guys like Royal, GP etc. can usually get stuff for you if you find it online and get a manufacturer's name and part number...Bayside in BC got me a jacket I desperately wanted but wasn't sold here, so they sourced it from the US and shipped it to me...now this was many years ago, so things might be more difficult now with Covid...another online place I've ordered from is Twisted Throttle and their prices and shipping were fair and fast...

Ive customized two bikes so far with a lot of aftermarket fun stuff and here's what I'd recommend since I've bought from all of them.

For domestic retailers besides fortnine I use
Bayside,
Pete's superbike is good

Motostarz, and Kapscomoto have some good stuff although typically marked up chinese aftermarket parts
Kimpex and blackfootonline are not terrible but pretty limited

you'd be surprised what you find on amazon/ebay

Out of the parts you listed, specifically; seat covers, grips, and windscreens I'd go ebay or aliexpress because realistically in my opinion there is not much a difference between a 30$ windscreen and a 150$ one... same with grips and seat covers and those sites have a lot of variety to them.

seat covers i havent bought but know luimoto makes good quality ones and you can use their GEL inserts but if it's just to re-vinyl you can find that on above

For brake extensions I'd just invest in a new set. A guy on ebay I've bought from ebay thrice now uses unbranded HEL braided lines and sells them length/bike specific. He's also been able to add length free of charge when I bought new handlebars. It costed me 140$ total for 2 fronts 1 rear, both times.

Sometimes I just buy from US sites, revzilla, partzilla, powerbronze USA, and use a US forwarder to ship into Toronto since it's typically cheaper

Jitsie

I've been buying a lot of (way too many!) parts for a (supposedly) cheap RC51 track bike I'm building. I've found there is no single source for best pricing, and have bought from a number of sources. I prefer to support local brick and mortar when I can, but sometimes the price difference is simply too much to ignore. The Canadian distribution system doesn't help, with limited stock selection and unpredictable mark-up. The fact that Motovan nearly went under and didn't pay a lot of suppliers added complication, as not all lines (including big ones like Vortex) have been picked up by the others.

Maybe it's exchange rate fluctuation, but I've had a lot of luck getting stuff from Europe lately. Brakes, for example. I found some Brembo bits from an online retailer in Italy called Carpi Moto, and they had discs and a master cylinder for almost half of what I was quoted by a local shop, and 33% less than I could find with any online Canadian retailer. Shipping is marginally more, but can be surprisingly quick.

Sometimes it's worth going direct to the manufacturer if they have an online store. I got some R&G crash protection bits (fork slider, exhaust sliders, etc.) straight from their UK website for a much better price than any reseller.

No one retailer has everything you need at the best price. Bayside is probably the closest you'll find for a Canadian webstore, but they stock very little, so shipping times can be a bit longer. My approach has been to research and narrow it down to the item I want (for example, a D.I.D ZVM-X chain for a 520 conversion). I then Google around for pricing that includes shipping, and then call a local shop for their price. Even if they're somewhat more, I'll stick with the shop for obvious reasons. But if the price is way more (30%+ is not uncommon), then I'll go with the cheapest online price.

All of this is multiplied by 10 when you have an older bike, as stock can be extremely low, and sometimes you are simply lucky to find something that's been discontinued, price be damned.

(One last thing: for cross border orders, always pick the mail version when possible. Canada Post doesn't do the random brokerage fees that the couriers do, and often things will simply arrive without even tax being added. The couriers (UPS, DHL, etc.) will charge unpredictable (and occasionally exorbitant) amounts for taxes, duties and brokerage, and there's zero recourse if you disagree. None are perfect, but I've had much better luck with the postal services delivering boxes without looking like they've been through a war zone and then dropped off a cliff, too...)

Sometimes I just buy from US sites, revzilla, partzilla, powerbronze USA, and use a US forwarder to ship into Toronto since it's typically cheaper

Which forwarders have you had experience with and recommend?

Would highly recommend Cross Border Pickups. Ive also done forward2me when ordering from the UK.

But for CBP you get a US address and once it arrives it takes a few days to process into your account and you submit info and pay taxes based on that. Then you can either wait to consolidate more inbound packages and save money or just have them send it into Toronto. You have the ability to pickup from either Mississauga or Markham which i’ve done but you also have the option to have it mailed to you directly which I’ve been doing now. Rates are pretty damn low, a lot less expensive than shipping internationally from the distributor.

Forward2me is pretty much the same, you purchase the product and then have it shipped overseas from the UK for a priced amount based on the item and shipping method you chose.
Which forwarders have you had experience with and recommend?

Back
Top Bottom