Where do all the stock mufflers go ? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where do all the stock mufflers go ?

Yup, even moved them from the last house to this house. The box sits next to a big jar of shirt buttons, we cut all the buttons off worn out shirts and put them in the jar to replace buttons on shirts not yet worn out.
In 35 yrs no one has ever found a matching button in the jar, the shirt gets tossed, and more buttons are added to the jar.

Every two weeks somebody buys celery root, we don't eat it, but its on the grocery list. I don't know where the old one goes.

Or with some reasonable tools and decent mechanical skills (and google) many stock mufflers (slip on or otherwise) can be opened up and modified to perform and sound just like an aftermarket one.... mufflers ain't no rocket surgery. Not talking full exhaust here, just the typical "upgrade" of the muffler.

May not look as cool....maybe cooler....might not be as light? You can adjust how loud they are and maybe modify in steps. 5-0 pulls you over and you can say the exhaust is stock, and it has all the markings as such on the outside as stock (assuming you did not go totally crazy noise wise).
and the govies will make it a criminal offense to modify an OEM part.

I hang them in the shed, if they EVER change the law we have talked about for 27yrs about banning aftermarket exhaust, I'm covered. Also covered for bikes I sold decades ago.

I also have a box of string labeled , "pieces of string to short to tie anything up with"

Here's a great Monty Python sketch that can help you out with your string problem.

Time to relabel the box. Pre-cut ready made stringettes.

• Haha
Reactions: TK4

Back
Top Bottom