Where can I get an OEM key cut? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where can I get an OEM key cut?

CFunk

I went to http://www.lockshopltd.com/ with a dealership blank and my original key. The guy cut it, screwed it up, gave me a cheap Ilco key as a replacement, and said "I don't care what you say, I don't care if it's from a dealership, these keys are not the same thickness".

Does anyone know a reputable locksmith who can cut OEM blank keys and have it work on the first try?

Thanks in advance.

There's a key cutting place in Pickering Town Centre near the East Side Mario's.
He has cut a couple of keys for me with no problem.
Of course he had to say that he doesn't guarantee the key will work, but they worked just fine.

I went to http://www.lockshopltd.com/ with a dealership blank and my original key. The guy cut it, screwed it up, gave me a cheap Ilco key as a replacement, and said "I don't care what you say, I don't care if it's from a dealership, these keys are not the same thickness".

Does anyone know a reputable locksmith who can cut OEM blank keys and have it work on the first try?

Thanks in advance.

Maybe see if he's right? I have blanks from the 2 local Triumph dealerships and they both have different thickness and different styles on the end. But both work on the ignition, only one works on the gas tank. Both looked it up by VIN so idk

I went to keyman engeavables in bramalea city centre. 5 minutes they had all 4 keys cut and they all work flawlessly.

This is Daytona's ad for Suzuki keys.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAd?AdId=482457734

I say ride there with your bike and make sure it works on everything. I'm sure they will back up their work since its also their product.

+1 for Daytona Motor Sport!

they copied my key in a few minutes without any issues. Worked perfectly. + I got some awesome lights while I was there.

Check out their store, they got some decent stuff aswell.

Retail Store Front

2899 Steeles Ave W, Unit 20
Toronto (North York), Ontario M3J 3A1

went to Canadian Tire with a blank I got from the dealer and they did it for free.

+1 for Lock Clinic. I know the owner. He is a stand up guy, and I think it is his son that is a member here. Prices there are really good as well. I also recommend the shop I work at (Acme Doorway), but it's a little bit expensive here and you'll have to bring your own OEM blank. We only carry the aftermarket blanks, but they are the higher quality ones made by Ilco, Dominion Lock (pre Ilco buy-out), and Silca.

went to Canadian Tire with a blank I got from the dealer and they did it for free.

That's great, but the OP is asking for keys that actually work. I get a lot of customers in my shop referred to us by Canadian Tire, Home Depot, Rona, Lowes, etc... saying they are sick of going back and forth to those places because their keys don't work. The employees always give up and send them here. Sure, they are great if you want a cheap key that might not work and will bend/break in no time, or if you don't want to pay anything for a key to be cut that you bought elsewhere only for them to screw it up. Support your local locksmith so you can get keys that actually work, and continue to get keys that actually work for years down the road.

Jeht Locksmithing here in Mississauga. Great service, they have an assortment of MC keys and also cut your own blank. I went there with a cheap Ebay blank and it works great.

I've always gone to Home Depot and had them cut it for free. They'll give you the standard disclaimer but I've had 6 or so keys cut there without issues.

+1 for Daytona Motor Sport!

they copied my key in a few minutes without any issues. Worked perfectly. + I got some awesome lights while I was there.

Check out their store, they got some decent stuff aswell.

Retail Store Front

2899 Steeles Ave W, Unit 20
Toronto (North York), Ontario M3J 3A1

Also got a couple keys cut at Daytona motor sport and am happy with them. Kahuna said they couldnt copy it for me, and they wanted $20 just for the blank.

Just make sure Dan is there, the other guy there doesnt really cut the keys.

I got my key cut in Clarkson, (Lakeshore rd, east of Southdown)
There's a Home Hardware, they did a good job.

1814 Lakeshore Road West

I had keys cut for my European ST1300 top box cut at Ajax Locksmith, 676 Monarch Ave, Ajax 905-686-0827 along with spare ignition keys. They could cut the box keys even when a Peterborough Locksmith used up a half dozen blanks with no luck.

Back
Top Bottom