Where can I buy racing fuel in the GTA? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where can I buy racing fuel in the GTA?

I rebuilt my KTM 300 XC-W with a high compression head and I'm getting moderate detonation using high grade pump fuel. It's making 220psi so I've definitely got to step up to a 50/50 blend. I'm looking for some VP110 or C-12 but having a hard time finding it inside the GTA. Does anybody know a shop that sells these fuels or that can order some for me?

Pro Racing Fuel Mississauga.

I believe royal distributing carried it at one point.

W.O.Stinson (y) they will ship it to the nearest service station near you.

Ok thanks guys I'll make some calls and see what I can get. Might consider some 100LL as well if I can get my hands on it.

Stinson sells the full line of both VP and Sunoco race fuels. +If you use them for home propane delivery service, they will probably ship whatever you want right to your house, I'm going to test that theory in a couple of months.

btw: race fuel seems to have a far better shelf life then pump gas if you store it correctly, the deal bitzz is offering is likely a very good one.

Reactions: TK4
Ok thanks guys I'll make some calls and see what I can get. Might consider some 100LL as well if I can get my hands on it.
100LL is pretty easy to get. Just visit your local airport, put in your credit card and fill up a jerry can. That being said, I don't know enough about running leaded fuel in a modern engine to know the long term consequences.

What's a service station????

He said GTA.
A service station is a retail fuel vendor that provides far more services then just selling gasoline. W.O.Stinson is a growing Canadian fuel distribution company based in Ottawa and they have in recent years expanded their number of service stations significantly in the direction of your precious Greater Toronto Area. There is a brand new one that just opened in Napanee.
;) on the map of Ontario, Napanee is only about one inch away.

Alternatively, you could go to the pits at your local race track and during their very short hours of operation, flash your CMA competition license and qualify to purchase race fuel from them at nearly twice the price.

... leaded fuel destroys catalytic converters and recent model street motorcycles all have one of those.

A service station is a retail fuel vendor that provides far more services then just selling gasoline. W.O.Stinson is a growing Canadian fuel distribution company based in Ottawa and they have in recent years expanded their number of service stations significantly in the direction of your precious Greater Toronto Area. There is a brand new one that just opened in Napanee.
;) on the map of Ontario, Napanee is only about one inch away.

Alternatively, you could go to the pits at your local race track and during their very short hours of operation, flash your CMA competition license and qualify to purchase race fuel from them at nearly twice the price.

... leaded fuel destroys catalytic converters and recent model street motorcycles all have one of those.

In the GTA gas stations sell gas, snacks and lottery tickets. A request for anything else gets a blank stare.

... and they even have the stones to make you pump it yourself.

There was a station in Parkdale (West TO) back when gas was $0.29 a GALLON that had a sign "Your gas purchase free if we don't check your battery (All those screw tops), your oil, your radiator, your fan belt, your tires and clean your windshield. And yes they pumped the gas.

There was a station in Parkdale (West TO) back when gas was $0.29 a GALLON that had a sign "Your gas purchase free if we don't check your battery (All those screw tops), your oil, your radiator, your fan belt, your tires and clean your windshield. And yes they pumped the gas.
Haha, and now vehicles now get a similar checklist completed every 15,000 km (a few will get more love, but I would guess the majority only have the hood opened by a mechanic).

knobby, did you get your plastic Texico firemans hat with that service or were you actually driving by then? not that the hat wouldn't be cool anyway.....

Wait a minute , I dont need a special tool to open the hood??

OP:
Just so you know: There is NO reason on earth why you should be running leaded fuel in a modern motor.
NONE WHAT SO EVER.
If your tuner told you it was required GET A NEW TUNER, maybe some one that has learned something about tuning in the last 30 years...make that 40 years.
What is the shape of the combustion chamber in your "high compression head"?
Is it a dome or a top hat? Domes went out of fashion when we got unleaded fuel. For unleaded fuel you want a top hat with a WIDE squish for a dirt bike.
Did you measure anything or did you just slap on some aftermarket head and hope for the best?
Maybe look for an unleaded fuel with a higher specific gravity, that will slow down the flame front.

Fuel in a SEALED can will last forever, if exposed to air ALL fuel starts to degrade IMMEDIATELY.

When you say hi-grade pump fuel, do you mean 91 or 93?

In the past, I have used toluene mixed with 93 in a sled. I would want EGT if I was trying this route though, it is easy to melt things. This is harder on a bike as you don't really have time to look at egt when you are riding full out. That sled is dialed back now for pump gas. Fancy fuel is expensive and a pain in the ass.

Didn't your tuner suggest a fuel for their build?

Yep, he chose poorly:
please choose again.
or-
... make sure you use the drop-down "Filter" to specify unleaded ;)
add: if it does not use lead to enhance the octane rating to 100 or above, then it will be using ethanol.

Last edited:
I have a "portable" EGT setup
Pipes have spigots welded in to hold the probe . When you remove the probes they get capped.
Tape the reader to the tank, set it to "HOLD" and let 'er rip.
51LsRJ-xIRL._SX425_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom