I have noticed a trend of Google Maps forcing you to sign-in or have info restricted.
It seems that selling ads is not profitable enough anymore.
Those AI centres are just to expensive!
Long Live Open Source
In a recent trip I was looking for restaurants to have dinner. Google maps kept showing me the info for a "sponsored" place even though I kept selecting a different one. I restarted my phone to see if it was a glitch in the app. At the end I decided to venture out and not rely on GMaps for that time.
In a recent trip I was looking for restaurants to have dinner. Google maps kept showing me the info for a "sponsored" place even though I kept selecting a different one. I restarted my phone to see if it was a glitch in the app. At the end I decided to venture out and not rely on GMaps for that time.
I often search for particular products at Canadian Tire, specifically the one near me because they note it's location in the store. Google delivers me links to Canadian Tire, but only after multiple "options" from Amazon, Home Depot and some other online sources.
It's the nature of the monopolistic and rapacious beast. React accordingly.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.