wheelies x stunting x dampers | GTAMotorcycle.com

wheelies x stunting x dampers

jooce

do steering dampers help when doing wheelies (well landing them)? Would you recommend one for street riding and the occasional stunting? I am thinking of purchasing one but not sure if it's necessary. please input and advice would be appreciated.

for street riding, they're a must.

I wouldn't push most modern bikes around a parking lot without one.

for street riding, they're a must.

I wouldn't push most modern bikes around a parking lot without one.

Have to strongly agree on this, ever since having one, I cant ride a bike without one....Even on a test ride of someones bike, I feel sketchy at %50 pace with no damper

My 09 ZX6R came with the OEM Ohlins, and I had to change it right away...Even that didnt offer enough adjustment for my liking, at full clicks it was like my aftermarket at 2 clicks....I run Ohlins about in the middle of the 18-20 clicks available

And for stoppies, if it werent for a damper Id be dead 100x already

Everyone is different and has their own preference on how stiff they like it...

Have to strongly agree on this, ever since having one, I cant ride a bike without one....Even on a test ride of someones bike, I feel sketchy at P pace with no damper

My 09 ZX6R came with the OEM Ohlins, and I had to change it right away...Even that didnt offer enough adjustment for my liking, at full clicks it was like my aftermarket at 2 clicks....I run Ohlins about in the middle of the 18-20 clicks available

And for stoppies, if it werent for a damper Id be dead 100x already

can you rebuild those ohlins? and make them stiffer?

I dont have one on my bike, although I would love to get one to help with the wheelies and general riding overall, I have no clue what kind to look at.

I dont have one on my bike, although I would love to get one to help with the wheelies and general riding overall, I have no clue what kind to look at.

If you have a GSXR, your bike already has one, but the OEM one is crap and has probably faded beyond function by this time.

You want an Ohlins unit for your bike.

There is a kit to make them function the same as the race damper.

For $150 Kyle Racing changes the valves in them, and puts the same valve that comes in the aftermarket ones...Once that is done they operate exactly like an aftermarket unit...Here are the 2 valves side by side, you can see the OEM one has a hole in it that basically by passes the stiffer adjustment....
needles.jpg

This is the road and track replacement, it feels that same as the modded OEM....
IMG_1239.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom