Whats the "sweet spot" for you | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Whats the "sweet spot" for you

Not my dream bike but the sv650 really does have a great motor. Plenty of power for the most part, good torque for city driving. I’m wanting more but it’s a good all around package.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
This^

it was the defining bike for me, showed me exactly what I want in a bike(torquey and characterful V twin) and exactly what I dont want in a bike(clipons and sporty ergos)

Last edited:
I saw a tiny lady pull up on a sport bike that she couldn't get even one foot on the ground. When she pulled up to a stop, she dismounted with just one foot on the peg before the bike came to a stop. Starting off, she'd stand next to the bike, and when it got going and gained momentum, she quickly threw one leg over the seat and rode off.

Very inspiring for us shorties.
Even more inspiration:
Midget on a Motorcycle! - YouTube

Here's one of my shortie role models, Jocelin Snow:

One foot take-off at 2:03, one foot stop at 2:30.

5'1" and riding one of the tallest production motorcycles. If you have to duck walk your cruiser with the 24" seat height around the parking lots and in traffic, then hang up your motorcycle keys.

But it's the stuff she can do once the bike is moving that is awe-inspiring.

Last edited:

One foot take-off at 2:03, one foot stop at 2:30.

5'1" and riding one of the tallest production motorcycles. If you have to duck walk your cruiser with the 24" seat height around the parking lots and in traffic, then hang up your motorcycle keys.

But it's the stuff she can do once the bike is moving that is awe-inspiring.

Great stuff. Shows that anyone can do it if they really want to.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

She had a course scheduled with Moto Corsa in Portland recently that was cancelled due to the 'second wave'. Might be worth keeping an eye out in case it gets rescheduled after borders reopen. Moto Corsa is a great dealership, I did the best run track day I've ever done with them at PIR. The GM is also the co-host of the Brap Talk podcast...

3 time 125 world MX champ and 3 time Paris-Dakar winner Gaston Rahier was 5' 1".
I1zJGXXVJCZ8xjdjb7kK2n1vuP9q0J5YZLsbKghknz9Fkf1hO8WNKYphJM1vSIPenxEbj1ZzA8aOPOBJwDLolm2oIMP3Pl8eSWXrzhwg

Suzuki experimented with a 15" travel RN works bike in 1980. They had Gaston test it. Drastic rake/trail changes through the fork travel made it unfeasible and it was shelved.

3 time 125 world MX champ and 3 time Paris-Dakar winner Gaston Rahier was 5' 1".
I1zJGXXVJCZ8xjdjb7kK2n1vuP9q0J5YZLsbKghknz9Fkf1hO8WNKYphJM1vSIPenxEbj1ZzA8aOPOBJwDLolm2oIMP3Pl8eSWXrzhwg

Suzuki experimented with a 15" travel RN works bike in 1980. They had Gaston test it. Drastic rake/trail changes through the fork travel made it unfeasible and it was shelved.
Well he was either going to be first or last. Putting down your foot when the going gets tough isn't really an option.

Back
Top Bottom