What's H-D up to now ? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's H-D up to now ?

There's a lot more going on with HD's stock than just motorcycle sales.

Stock price is indicative of future potential earnings, and while HD is projected to have lower sales moving forward, the price action also reflects heavy tariffs imposed by the EU in response to Trump's trade war on European steel and aluminum (aluminium?).

A company can be profitable quarter after quarter and still have a declining stock price if the earnings don't reflect upward growth. Investors want to see a clear roadmap towards growing revenue, and that's something that HD is not demonstrating.

I wouldn't touch HD stock with a ten-foot Electra-Glide.

I guess finance is not your strongest.

View attachment 40873
I don't do too badly in that department. I haven't paid attention to HOG for some time, when I looked at it this morning I thought hmmm... might be a reasonable buy. Since noon the stock has made me $135 bucks! Thanks for the inspiration.

Here's my take on HD. They are a well run company who had a good survival plan should a downturn happen. It did, it's across the board They are moving through plant consolidations early in the game, they built a nice rainy day cushion, and they have a reasonable gameplan for the future. They exceeded analysts expectations for 2 consecutive quarters. I also noticed they are buying back cheap stock, that leads me to think they are at or near the bottom. Not a bad position for an auto sector company.

No matter what HD does, it certainly generates a lot of interest from everyone. I guess that says something.

LOL. Okay... Good luck with your finance. I guess $135 is fluctuation means a lot to ya. Keep your dreams small.

I really need to show this thread to our Risk Management team.

Back
Top Bottom