Whats a fair price for my bike? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Whats a fair price for my bike?

seriously!!!!???

i'm in the market for a 250 sized bike and i can tell you there are 2007 ninja 250's listed for 2800-3000 that the sellers will take 2500...i'd go with 1500 or less even after looking what is listed on kijiji right now...

p.s...pm me with the bike details and i might take a look at it...
i bought my 1987 hurricane 600 brand new from cycle world and after taxes it was lest then 5600.00
so a cbx 250 back then would have been 2500 out the door.
my g/f bought her 88 ninja 250 new for 3700.

Last edited:
I loved my little CBX. Sold mine for around $1K a long time ago. Tremclad white paint job, one mirror, but everything was working. I'd say over $1K would be reasonable, $2k would be a stretch, so ask $1500 and see what you get.

You might get a grand...air cooled single.....bias ply tires, dual rear shocks, and drum brake out back. The light 250 lb weight make it a great first bike though.

i bought my 1987 hurricane 600 brand new from cycle world and after taxes it was lest then 5600.00
so a cbx 250 back then would have been 2500 out the door.
my g/f bought her 88 ninja 250 new for 3700.

I bought my 1987 Hurricane 1000 brand new from Cycle World at $7900, if I remember correctly. I am considering selling it this year and wouldn't expect to get much more than $2500 for it. And that's with some mods as well as all original parts. And everytime I think of that I wonder why I should bother to sell it and should just keep it and ride it occassionally....

I bought my 1987 Hurricane 1000 brand new from Cycle World at $7900, if I remember correctly. I am considering selling it this year and wouldn't expect to get much more than $2500 for it. And that's with some mods as well as all original parts. And everytime I think of that I wonder why I should bother to sell it and should just keep it and ride it occassionally....

I still have my F2. Bullet proof bikes. It's nice to have a disposable bike. One day, I want to take it touring till it falls apart. Then I can walk away from it without hard feelings.

i thought the hurricane 1000 came out in 88?

It would have been quicker for you to Google search the answer than to post your question. 87 was the first year.

Then I was drinking a lot more heavily for a lot longer than I thought.:p

First year for both the CBR600F and CBR1000F in North America was 1987. The bike stayed the same for 1988 and then evolved in 1989 (CBR1000F2).

Very good bikes. Reliable. Lots of power, handling was very good for the vintage, riding ergos a bit too upright for my taste but most folks preferred it. Main difference I find between it and more modern comparable bikes are the brakes. They were very good but don't really compare well to the brakes on my S1000RR for example.

handling was very good for the vintage.

Can't agree with that one Griffin. The 600 was great, the 1000 was like trying to turn the Titanic before the iceburg. That was compared to my 86 VFR, which could run rings around the Hurricane 1000. The engine and ergos however were good.

Back
Top Bottom