what type of laptop to use for video editing | GTAMotorcycle.com

what type of laptop to use for video editing

vanjka

Hey people,

Wondering what laptop would you recommend for light to moderate video editing (Premier Pro CS6/Davinci Resolve)?

I would not mind used/not the newest model, since I am on a budget.

Thank you for the suggestions

Also something with a solid state hard drive makes a world of difference.

What is light to moderate usage? You are just making some vlogs and processing time doesn't matter, you are planning on making significant money from this venture or ??? What resolution are you planning on shooting/outputting at?

Hey people,

Thank you for the responses. GreyGhost, I plan to do vlogs and reports from my world travels and make some $$ on the side when possible. Eventually it can become a part of my "twisted scheme" to rule the world and become a free lancer. So should I try to buy brand new, or can a 2-3 old machine do for now and when I start making more $$ to upgrade to the newest machine?

I would not spend too much right now. If and when you start making money, use the money you make to buy something better. Right now you just need something to get you going. If you have to wait overnight for something to render, so what, you arent on a strict deadline.

I always suggest an older good computer over a new crap one (eg used lenovo t series vs new hp/acer). Check out refurb.io and see if they have anything promising.

Last edited:
Hey people,

Thank you for the responses. GreyGhost, I plan to do vlogs and reports from my world travels and make some $$ on the side when possible. Eventually it can become a part of my "twisted scheme" to rule the world and become a free lancer. So should I try to buy brand new, or can a 2-3 old machine do for now and when I start making more $$ to upgrade to the newest machine?

this tells me a lot

like GG says, old, good puter is better then new crappy one

a cheap new PC will be in the trash in a year if you try to travel with it
specs are not the whole story, build quality is more important if you're traveling
good case, good KB, good mobo, good chassis - yes, they have one

would recommend a thinkpad
best KB in the business
titanium chassis that holds all the guts together as you throw it in a backpack
solid mobo - again, attached to the chassis

they are ugly and thick and heavy
but bullet proof machines

newegg.ca is a good place for refurb thinkpads

Back
Top Bottom