What is this battery thing? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What is this battery thing?

Mad Mike

I started my spring maintenance, while checking battery electrolyte on one of my old gals I noticed one of the caps had some type of probe/sensor in the cap. Never noticed it before, never seen anything like this on a bike, it's connected to nothing.

Any ideas?
IMG_1.jpg
IMG_2.jpg
IMG_3.jpg

Never seen that before, had to look it up. Apparently some older bikes actually had an electrolyte level sensor, e.g. Yamaha Venture Royale, and that may be a multi-fit battery where the sensor was just included with the battery.

yeah, I'd say it's a level sensor

dash would have to have a warning light for it to be of any use

Never seen that before, had to look it up. Apparently some older bikes actually had an electrolyte level sensor, e.g. Yamaha Venture Royale, and that may be a multi-fit battery where the sensor was just included with the battery.

That seems entirely plausible. I've never seen it either.

and right you all are....
About Sensors

Many powersports vehicles that use Conventional batteries come equipped from the factory with battery sensors. The sensor indicates battery electrolyte level by flashing a warning light on the vehicle’s instruments panel. This indicates that it’s time to add water to the battery.

Battery sensors are matched to each battery and are not interchangeable.

https://www.batteriesexpert.com/en/...20011-moto-sensor-sonde-pour-batterie-de-moto
yumicron-battery-syb14l-a2-YUAM2214S.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom