What is the best trailer wheel chock? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What is the best trailer wheel chock?

Fili-mac

Past years all i have done it strap the bike down however, this year I have to fit two bikes on the trailer. So I'm trying to figure out the best system.

What's worked best for you guys, FYI it's an open snowmobile trailer.

Thanks

I would not recommend any of the metal bar hoop style chocks.

image_21740.jpg

They leave nasty marks in the tires and can't be good for the belts. I've also had my bike stuck in one. Warm race tire (within an hour of getting off the track), smooth metal bar and pressure = glued in place.

Something like this would be much better (not necessarily recessed)

Or this:
zinc-motorcycle-wheel-chock-1.jpg

Pit bull trailer restraint. No need to strap down or wheel chock. Load the bikes in seconds each. Best thing I bought for the trailer.

+1million for the Pitbull system. It's a bigger investment than wheel chocks, but well worth it if you have the budget for it.

I too recommend the pitbull TRS system, it's pricey but works really well. My only grip with it is I sometimes have trouble getting the bike lined up perfectly, but maybe that is just me. :)

Also Baxley chocks work great as well. I have used both.

Ould when the bike is in the pitbull just mark around the front tire. I used chalk. Then when you wheel it in just line up the tire to the outline.

You'll get good at it. You could always draw a line on the floor to aim your front tire.

Baxley and Pitbull's were what I was thinking of I was just wondering how well the cheaper options work.

You get what you pay for I guess.

Last year I helped a rider that crashed, load his bike into his trailer. He had the pitbull. I rolled it in and it clicked...I held the bike and asked him where everything else was. He said let go its done...I went out the next day and ordered one. Worth every penny. I usually go the cheapest route for stuff like this, but wow it makes life so easy. Got mine from bluestreak and had it installed the next day.

I believe the Pitbull system requires the bike to have hollow front and rear axles, and that won't work on all bikes. Maybe there is another solution for bikes that don't have hollow axles.

I bought a Baxley wheel chock, because it doesn't matter what the bike is.

Pitbull only uses the rear axle. Not sure if it needs hollow, they may have some other solution. My old SV used a pin into one end of the axle and the other end went around the axle bolt head (the pin was a hex socket).

I have this one: http://www.princessauto.com/pal/en/Vehicle-Lifts/Motorcycle-Wheel-Chock/8240145.p

Worked very well keeping the bike up. Then I got Pitbull---easier in the sense that you don't need to put straps, but I found it hard to align properly every time I wanted to load the bike. Once it clicks into place---it's great.

The Princess auto one is yours for 40 bucks if you want it, I don't ride anymore.

My lips would catch fire if I tried to mutter those words!

Your on hiatus, untill you buy my k8 1000 and start racing ;)

After 25 years I finally bought pit bulls. Wish I had done that a long time ago. It is nice to be able to travel for a few days, without having suspension crushed the whole time. And corsara, we miss you already. Hope you come back soon.

yup +1 on the pit bull...it's kid of wierd watching in your rear view when the suspension bobs up and down , but you get used to it lol. By far the best way to transport your bike. More than any thing though is the look on some peoples faces when they pull up beside you and try to figure out what's holding the bike up....:lmao:loads /unloads in seconds ..i love it

My lips would catch fire if I tried to mutter those words!

Your on hiatus, untill you buy my k8 1000 and start racing ;)

Only riding I'm gonna do this year is if I buy one of these :p

[video]http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/HK_movies2.asp?idmovie=c3592405abc545cd8cd0a1ea253 fff91[/video]

Ould when the bike is in the pitbull just mark around the front tire. I used chalk. Then when you wheel it in just line up the tire to the outline.

You'll get good at it. You could always draw a line on the floor to aim your front tire.

Yeah, I actually did just that right after I installed it. Ran a line of duct tape up the ramp on the trailer. Still don't always get it perfect but getting better.

Back
Top Bottom