What is the best resources to carry for 1800 KM trip? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What is the best resources to carry for 1800 KM trip?

geekguy234

I am planning to go on a trip to complete 1800Km. I own a Pulsar 220 and I bought a new Himalayan. Can anyone suggest to me which resources to carry to complete the 1800km trip? Also, suggest me which bike should I take to the trip.

How long do you anticipate the 1800km trip will take you? One day, 10 days? I've ridden with people that would consider either one reasonable. At 1800 km, I would do very little planning and prep, my bike should have what I need in the trunk (lube, tools to release axle and tighten chain, multimeter, phone charger, a couple assorted tools). If I was planning on sleeping, a tarp and blue foam roll get lashed to the bike.

for the bike or for you?

for the bike I'd just make sure it's road worthy
and bring some chain lube
with a Royal Enfield, a basic tool kit is decent idea
that is not a very long trip

of those 2 bikes I'd def take the Himalayan

In that case ;) insect repellent.
and one of those hammocks that folds up to the size of your fist, plus a tarp and some rope for shelter,
a mess kit and 2 bic lighters.
and a credit card.

I am planning to go on a trip to complete 1800Km. I own a Pulsar 220 and I bought a new Himalayan. Can anyone suggest to me which resources to carry to complete the 1800km trip? Also, suggest me which bike should I take to the trip.

When and where?

1800 Kms is a little more than an Iron Butt run for many. On a super slab that's a day trip.

For a more insightful answer we would have to know where to and from, budget, if you like camping, your personal and mechanical skills, risk tolerance etc.

Now when it's hot or in the autumn when temperatures can be quite cold?

Tool kit: Don't get carried away with extras to fix every possible breakdown unless you plan to carry the parts to fix every possible breakdown.

CAA: There is a distance limit to the tow (150 miles???) If you break down half way along the trip the tow home or to the destination isn't fully covered.

Travelling by bike is an adventure which means risks and challenges. If the trip is a necessity and you must get there on time, going by bike may not be the best choice.

If you're an urban only rider it would be wise to start with a 600 Km loop that will keep you close to home base. Then do an overnight run and see how the plan evolves.

CAA won't help in India...

3SQxatC.gif
Good point. How about elephant repellant? Or tell it an elephant joke. How do you hide an elephant in a cherry tree. Paint its toe nails red. The elephant will stop and say. "Really "Then keep running.

Back
Top Bottom