what insurance companies will give insurance to an 16 year old m1 rider? | GTAMotorcycle.com

what insurance companies will give insurance to an 16 year old m1 rider?

majooran

i am 16 years old and got my m1 about a month ago and have take the motorcycle course and passed my m1 exit test so i just have to wait another month until i can get my m2, my driving license is a g1 and i have had it for about half a year so can anyone tell me what insurance providers will insure me? thanks and sorry if this has been asked before. and my bike is a 2009 ninja 250.

Last edited:
i am 16 years old and got my m1 about a month ago and have take the motorcycle course and passed my m1 exit test so i just have to wait another month until i can get my m2, my driving license is a g1 and i have had it for about half a year so can anyone tell me what insurance providers will insure me? thanks and sorry if this has been asked before.

First off is I would have a tube of vaseline handy when they give you your quotes, You will be very limited to the type of bike you can get as premiunms will be VERY expensive.
So you migh tbe stuck with a CBR125 unless daddy has a really good job and you are spoiled.

so do you know any companies that would take me under my conditions, and i have already bought my bike, its a ninja 250

so do you know any companies that would take me under my conditions, and i have already bought my bike, its a ninja 250

Call every company in the yellow pages, But don't be surprised if it will be over $3000/year

Good choice of bike. Insurance will be expensive (probably in excess of $2500/season), and Jevco will likely be your best bet. My suggestion is that you wait one full calendar year after you have obtained your M1 and then insure your bike for the road. Your Jevco rate drops by nearly 40% after you have been M1/M2 licensed for one full year, regardless of whether or not you insured a bike during that time.

Also go and get your G2 asap, then your G asap"er". Once you've had your G for 5 years your rate will go down a bit, then when you turn 25 it will go down "substantially" from what I've read.

Side question; How have you had your G1 for a year and a half when you're only 16?

I have a question about the 5 year G license thing. If I've had my G1 for 4 years then get my G2 on the 5th year would that count as 5 years for G? How about if I get my G after 5 years of G1/2?

Also go and get your G2 asap, then your G asap"er". Once you've had your G for 5 years your rate will go down a bit, then when you turn 25 it will go down "substantially" from what I've read.

Side question; How have you had your G1 for a year and a half when you're only 16?

i said i have had my g1 for about half a year, not a year and a half.

I have a question about the 5 year G license thing. If I've had my G1 for 4 years then get my G2 on the 5th year would that count as 5 years for G? How about if I get my G after 5 years of G1/2?

My understanding was you have to have your "G" for 5 years. But best thing would be to call statefarm and ask.

i am 16 years old and got my m1 about a month ago and have take the motorcycle course and passed my m1 exit test so i just have to wait another month until i can get my m2, my driving license is a g1 and i have had it for about half a year so can anyone tell me what insurance providers will insure me? thanks and sorry if this has been asked before. and my bike is a 2009 ninja 250.

Don't want to sound like a dick but unless your parents are willing to pay for it or your independently wealthy (or got a great deal on the bike) this is the kind of research you need to do before you make a any purchase. You need to understand what the up keep costs will be on most large purchases. Use this is a lesson for the future always ask what's something true cost is it will help you stay out of Debt. That being said you made a smart move buying a 250. I know a 17 year old that bought a newer GSXR without doing any research. Most companies will not even look at him. So he faked an insurance slip..cause you know..cops wont check or anything

The insurance company only has to credit you with a maximum of one year for your G1 experience. In your example, you would have 2 years of experience.

My understanding was you have to have your "G" for 5 years. But best thing would be to call statefarm and ask.

Years_of_Experience = Minimum(1, Years_With_G1) + Year_With_G2 + Years_With_G

If Years_of_Experience >= 5, then you should qualify for State Farm. You don't have to have your full G for five years.

You never thought once to get quotes before buying the bike? OK mabey due to your age/inexperience I could see this coming and hey that's how we learn, but where were your folks on this one? They know what insurance is all about. You would pay big for a car, never mind a bike which is also seen as a recreational vehicle in the eyes of any insurance company. Honest advice is to sell your bike get driving in a car for another five years and graduate you license a.s.a.p. until you get your full G. Then think of a bike. I do feel for you. Life seems so unfair when your younger.trust me though there are people having a hard time with insurance with more experience then you. I've been riding CLEAN for 11 years now and I still have problems finding good insurance.

*edit*
I forgot to add, Good Hunting! Call,call,call and best of luck. Try some the the agents posted here in the insurance section as these agents tend to be some of the best to deal with for motorcycle insurance.
Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Last edited:
a sore bum.

OP should just save his money and buy a dirt bike, or even better, trials bike. master all the throttle control techniques, wheelies, stoppies on it. when he gets older he can get his first street bike. by then he's already an expert. insurance will be cheaper by then too.

ones who dont have $100 + phone bill monthly... if you have a job and save you can do it... i hate those that have rents that pay for stuff... they dont know the value of things and just blantently do stupid **** and ruin it for the rest of us.

Anyhow... just search around for insurance. if you dont find something that you believe is affordable then dont get it. do some track days instead, as you can learn and go as fast as you are comfy with.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom