What happens when.. | GTAMotorcycle.com

What happens when..

Tiggy

Just curious as to what kind of penalty it is for getting pulled at night with an M1 if anyone knows? or on the highway for that matter.

Since you wouldn't be licenced for that situation I assume you would be charged with driving without a licence. Not sure of the penalty or effect on future insurance.

There could be an interesting situation from the cop's point. He technically couldn't let you move the bike to a safe spot because you aren't licenced to do so. If he wasn't a rider then neither could he so a tow truck is needed.

If a cop stops you shortly after night fall simply explain to him that you were on your way home; most cops will just let you go on your way. However if you were part of a group ride and/or this was in the dead of night that may be a different story.

Considering an M1 is only valid 90 days at a time, it's best to abide by the conditions and aquire an M2. You don't just lose your M1, it includes your other class (typically G2/G class). Fines, insurance, towing, etc. It's just not worth it.

It might seem realtively minor or petty but, I wouldn't think LEO's would let a rider off with a warning. Even if they are close to home etc. It's possible.....just not probable. JMO.

If a cop stops you shortly after night fall simply explain to him that you were on your way home; most cops will just let you go on your way. However if you were part of a group ride and/or this was in the dead of night that may be a different story.

Given the possible penalties, and ramifications to future license/insurance, this is exceedingly bad advice.

I recommend that the OP read the linked thread.

It is one of the WORST tickets you get it is not a 'minor' ticket it is called 'Operating outside the condition' and you get a license suspension.
Insurance costs will be R-rated if you can get any and this will include your Car if you have one.

It is one of the WORST tickets you get it is not a 'minor' ticket it is called 'Operating outside the condition' and you get a license suspension.
Insurance costs will be R-rated if you can get any and this will include your Car if you have one.

I hope this is just a trial balloon or hypothetical question but keep in mind that much of what has been said would also apply to having even a sip of alcohol or riding on a 400 series highway. If you are out riding with friends make sure you don't get sucked into entering a prohibited highway.

You only have one MOT record, one licence and one insurance record. Even boating and boozing can take your driving licence. The good old days are over. (Thankfully in many cases)

one other thing to consider, your waiting period starts over after you get your licence back from suspension. So in terms of your m1 it would expire (waiting period is 60 days) before you would be able to upgrade to your m2. If you had your M2 and got suspended for drinking (or suspended for other reasons such as points) your waiting period (18-22 months) would start over.

The m1 restrictions are an annoyance and short lived, it's not worth it.

oh and a cop can pull your plate to see what kind of licence you have.

My friend has had his licence canceled due to health reasons. his daughter drives a car in his name with insurance paid by him (she's listed as the principle driver). she has been pulled over because a cop has pulled up the info and noticed that the OWNER (my friend) no longer has a valid licence. Obviously because the insurance is valid and she has a valid licence she is able to continue driving. Lots of info the cops have.

Back
Top Bottom