What happens if I sell a vehicle in my bundled insurance plan? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What happens if I sell a vehicle in my bundled insurance plan?

Wyled

Does anyone know what happens when you have a bundled insurance policy and you sell one of the vehicles in the policy? Do the rates for the second vehicle stay static or do they increase and are there any penalties?

Normally there is a minus xx% bundle discount. If you had three and sold one, I wouldn't expect a change. If you had two and sold one, i would expect to lose xx discount.

Does anyone know what happens when you have a bundled insurance policy and you sell one of the vehicles in the policy? Do the rates for the second vehicle stay static or do they increase and are there any penalties?

I just did this. Got a killer rate on my bike if I brought my truck over onto the policy. Truck premium sucked balls, but combined, it was better than all the rest of the quotes.

Last summer I took the truck off the policy, the bike premiums haven't changed in over 8 months. I keep waiting for an adjustment, but the rate still stays the same every month...

Kewl.

Not gonna inquire about it.

YMMV.

I just did this. Got a killer rate on my bike if I brought my truck over onto the policy. Truck premium sucked balls, but combined, it was better than all the rest of the quotes.

Last summer I took the truck off the policy, the bike premiums haven't changed in over 8 months. I keep waiting for an adjustment, but the rate still stays the same every month...

Kewl.

Not gonna inquire about it.

YMMV.
Ngl, this is exactly what I'm looking at doing... My motorcycle premium drops half off if I bundle with my car, but car premium is literally 4 times as much as I'd get standalone with CAA (makes absolutely no sense). So I wanted to make the first payment, then pull the car off... keeping the bike on. Any other info or thoughts you have?

I'm also wondering what'll happen on your renewal, do you have any ideas?

Normally there is a minus xx% bundle discount. If you had three and sold one, I wouldn't expect a change. If you had two and sold one, i would expect to lose xx discount.
I'd be okay with this too if they readjusted it and were like okay your bike is going up 10% or whatever but hopefully not to the full price they quoted me originally as standalone.

Ngl, this is exactly what I'm looking at doing... My motorcycle premium drops half off if I bundle with my car, but car premium is literally 4 times as much as I'd get standalone with CAA (makes absolutely no sense). So I wanted to make the first payment, then pull the car off... keeping the bike on. Any other info or thoughts you have?

Well, the truck was on the policy for over a year. Not sure what would have happened if I just put it on for a month and taken it off?

Might raise a red flag. Might not...

I'm also wondering what'll happen on your renewal, do you have any ideas?

Motorcycle policy has been renewed once already (they've already sent me the new pink slip) with the same rate.

Back
Top Bottom