What do you make of this? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What do you make of this?

I think this is awesome! Wish I was younger and had the nerve to do something like this myself. Watch Itchy Boots and On Her Bike on YouTube...they've both been wandering around the world on their own for years now...quite inspiring. :D

Another person dying for attention. Why can’t people just have fun and not broadcast it online. If you don’t post about it does that mean it didn’t happen.? Look at me look at me is the way of the world. Snore

It’s her website right? Maybe it’s her business, might be an influencer.

Either way what’s the harm, not your cup of tea just click onto something else that is.

Kudos to her for having the lifestyle to ride like that. I suppose I could not travel 3 times a year and put more time into riding, but there’s far too much still to see and bikes don’t hold a candle to planes when it comes to covering ground.

Canadians trying really hard not to look like Americans and plastering Canada flags on all their gear is cringe. Good on her for making the trip though.

At least they are out their doing something. Don't like it, go watch something else..

I've done this sort of thing. Coming up on 14 years later I look back on it very fondly.

If the border was open and I had a month to spare (well, 6 weeks would be better, I told myself if I was ever going to do it again, I'd take 6 instead of 4 weeks) I'd be all over something like this like white on rice. I'd be outa here and packing the bike inside 30 seconds and on the road inside 48 hours.

God willing when I retire there will be some epic adventure in my future. Just the thought of hopping on the bike and heading off with a destination 5000km away raises my heart rate. I was very, very seriously considering a cannonball run to California this summer to nail a bucket list item (A night on the Queen Mary), but the ship is now in bankruptcy and who knows what's going to happen there. I hope I didn't miss the boat, pardon the pun.

"Social influencer" - is that a job title I'm not familiar with ?

Yeah, it's a real head shaker. Great work if you can get it I guess (some of these people are very well to do as a result of it), but some of the "influencers" I see out there are only famous because they're essentially enormous ******** of the most epic level.

Not speaking of this particular person, I know nothing of her aside from this one post. But there's others.

But that seems to be what people gravitate to nowadays.

• Sad
Reactions: TK4
ATGATT seems to be an alien concept ?
The blurb read Grand Canyon. You'd die of heat stroke if you did.

Yeah, it's a real head shaker. Great work if you can get it I guess (some of these people are very well to do as a result of it), but some of the "influencers" I see out there are only famous because they're essentially enormous ******** of the most epic level.

Not speaking of this particular person, I know nothing of her aside from this one post. But there's others.

But that seems to be what people gravitate to nowadays.
Literally no different than celebrity endorsements. Don't see the same disdain for tv/radio/print advertisements that employ a Hollywood celebrity or sports athlete as a spokesperson for a product that they have no expert credential for. If anything, at least the job title is honest.

"Social influencer" - is that a job title I'm not familiar with ?
yeppers.

some people get paid to travel and promote their trips/placed stayed/products used, etc. Typically they have a large instagram following.

Literally no different than celebrity endorsements.

I'm probably admittedly over generalizing. Like I said, great work if you can get it.

I think some of them just go to far in the name of *becoming* an influencer to begin with. One "influencer" I'm sure everyone here is familiar with is Chair Girl, for example.

I'm probably admittedly over generalizing. Like I said, great work if you can get it.

I think some of them just go to far in the name of *becoming* an influencer to begin with. One "influencer" I'm sure everyone here is familiar with is Chair Girl, for example.
As with many successful business people, the route to success is flexible. Chair girl doesn't help your case as she is perhaps the best example of going too far was actually just far enough. She gave an interview where she stated she makes 6 figures annually now. She was even going to be in a Drake music video. Not a bad result for a get rich quick scheme.

I have done what she's doing a few times, and I would do it again in a minute. It's no big deal for men. It takes more courage if you're a woman; the risk of mechanical break down in the middle of nowhere is unnerving for girls. Their vulnerability plays on their confidence. Motorcycles are far more reliable than ever now, so that has to be inspiring. I wouldn't recommend this sort of thing for every woman, but for the stronger and the free spirited it is a must.

As with many successful business people, the route to success is flexible. Chair girl doesn't help your case as she is perhaps the best example of going too far was actually just far enough. She gave an interview where she stated she makes 6 figures annually now. She was even going to be in a Drake music video. Not a bad result for a get rich quick scheme.
Just lucky she didn't take out a minivan full of nuns with her assinine stunt. Glad I'm already not listening to drake.

The blurb read Grand Canyon. You'd die of heat stroke if you did.
Rode thru the desert and had to take off the leather jacket......I got sand blasted. Watered the lining and put the jacket back on....same with the helmet. Dry by the next rest stop, repeat.

Back
Top Bottom