What bike to buy? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What bike to buy?

Glenn1974

Hi Guys:
I will be buying my first bike this year, and looking for some advice. I will be using the bike for leisure riding, away from busy roads. Essentially, a Sunday cruising bike. I seen 2 different types of bikes that I like. The Norton 1974 850cc Commando and the Motto Guzzi 2014 V7. The Motto Guzzi is half the price. So, my question is, is it better to buy a newer bike that may have less issues, but may require professional mechanic intrevention, or a classic bike that may have more issue, due to its age, but simpler to repair?
Any advice???

Check insurance first. And if you are not mechanically inclined stay away from the vintage bike unless you have lots of money. And a 74 Commando may be simpler mechanically but not simpler to repair as parts availability will be way more difficult than a MG V7 and cost of parts will be high. A Commando is probably not the best choice for a first bike!

absolutely insurance first, hopefully you've ridden a scooter or a mini bike at least before now :| those are serious bikes!
of those 2,
buy the moto guzzi.

Lots of reasons 1974 Norton is out of the question.
unless you find one still in the original factory crate :D that would be kinda cool.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom