West Virginia and Virginia - July 1st long weekend | GTAMotorcycle.com

West Virginia and Virginia - July 1st long weekend

BlueVFR

Site Supporter
As the title says, the area I want to explore is the Monogahela Forest, and the Skyline Dr. I already rode through the Monogahela forest the year before, but didn't have time to ride the Skyline drive.

The plan is to leave Friday, and back on Sunday. Another option is to leave on Thursday evening and stay at Olean, NY for the 1st night to beat the morning boarder lineup.

I have 3 potential candidates (include myself), and I don't want the group to exceed 6. This is 1st come 1st serve, and if you are the 7th person, you have to wait for next time.

Option: - please buy travel insurance for out of country coverage.

Nice im planning the same thing. Leaving on the 26th or 27th for 6 days.

So far just the three of us, but it will be game even if there are two.

We are only going for the long weekend and your schedule is too long. If it is September, it would be probably work for us to take a week off.

Hi...did your group come together? Im also organizing a ride to the Skyline and Blueridge Pkwy June 25th ..see my add on Kijiji.
Let me know if your interested. Ad ID 288747158
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-communit...e-Road-Trip-2011-Lets-Ride-W0QQAdIdZ288747158

I just came back from a 6 day ride down there. It's my fourth time down in the last 2 or 3 years. I would also strongly recommend hitting up some roads in SE Ohio. They LOVE thier decreasing blind raduis corners in Ohio. Do anything from Zanesville south and east,especially the 536/26/260 area...and north of there....and south...just close your eyes and point to something on the map, you can't go wrong..

We did A LOT of riding in WVA, not a soul on the roads it seems. If you would like any route recommendations, let me know I will pm you me email as I visit this site like once a month.

As the title says, the area I want to explore is the Monogahela Forest, and the Skyline Dr. I already rode through the Monogahela forest the year before, but didn't have time to ride the Skyline drive.

The plan is to leave Friday, and back on Sunday. Another option is to leave on Thursday evening and stay at Olean, NY for the 1st night to beat the morning boarder lineup.

I have 3 potential candidates (include myself), and I don't want the group to exceed 6. This is 1st come 1st serve, and if you are the 7th person, you have to wait for next time.

Option: - please buy travel insurance for out of country coverage.

I might be up for this depending on the weather forecast. Assuming you don't have 6 yet

We have changed the schedule and leave on Thursday evening instead to beat the boarder lineup on Friday morning. Long term weather forecast looks promising for next weekend in the area if it stays this way.

I might be up for this depending on the weather forecast. Assuming you don't have 6 yet

We have changed the schedule and leave on Thursday evening instead to beat the boarder lineup on Friday morning. Long term weather forecast looks promising for next weekend in the area if it stays this way.

can't make it for Thursday night, enjoy it guys, ride safe

Here are some photos:

IMG_0205S.jpg

IMG_0213S.jpg

IMG_0204S.jpg

IMG_0229S.jpg

IMG_0231S.jpg
IMG_0249S.jpg
IMG_0147S.jpg
IMG_0167S.jpg

Next time you are down there, Check out HWY # 250 from Elkin (on the 219) to the entrance to the Blue Ridge! It is amazing!!

Thanks. I already done that on the last visit, and planning to do it again, may be soon. 33 and 250 are about the same (both are running across the parks), with 33 more traffic and better road condition, while 250 is less populated. That's my impression at least.

Back
Top Bottom