Went Down Today - FML | GTAMotorcycle.com

Went Down Today - FML

icsam

In Bradford at 2:00 on my home from Hockley, just taking it all in - what a great day.
Come to a red light in front of Wal-Mart and all is good.
Light about to turn so I get myself ready to go.
Light turn green and BANG - Ford Explorer puts herself right onto my bike.

The good: I walked away - not a scratch on me and alot of witnesses stopped to make sure I was OK.
The Bad: Bike may be a total loss, whole rear end damaged as well as the handlebars forward controls.

Same story - I didn't see you. It was a red light FFS!!
She got hit with careless, I'm out a bike for now.

I am, however, really grateful to be typing this today.
You never think it'll happen to you, FML.

Pics when I get them uploaded tomorrow,

RIDE SAFE!!!

Damn, glad your OK. It sucks that you'll loose out on riding while this goes through insurance. But at least your OK and that is truly what matters.

I bet she was texting and driving! Stupid ***! Glad you're ok

Honestly, it's insane how often I've been seeing this this season, despite the "new tougher" laws. Nobody gives a damn about the law, or the safety of themselves and others on the road...

A few weeks ago we were out riding on the highway and saw a car in front of us swerving back and forth in the lane -- I changed lanes and shot up ahead of him thinking he was a drunk driver, and as I passed realized: the SOB was drinking soup or something out of a HUGE thermos that was obstructing his vision completely! I just can't understand why people try to multitask in such a stupid way, in such terribly unsafe conditions.

sorry to hear it, but glad you walked away from it

I'm glad yo are alright, I hope you get back out soon. Post pics of the new bike too if you go that route.

Glad that you're ok. Out a bike, but not your life.
It's a sucky scenario, same thing happened to me a few years ago, hit at a red light....... My bike was written off.

So glad to hear you are safe! I drove by in a cage right when the cops showed up - I saw the bike and it was amazing that it was still standing wedged under there, I didn't see a rider lying on the road so I took it as a good sign but still concerned. I was at the same intersection also coming back from Hockely/Terra Nova just 3 hours earlier.

Once again glad you are good - you should buy a lottery ticket!

IMG_0381.jpg

There it is. I was behind the thick white line and that's where I ended up.
Click on link for larger image.

So glad to hear you are safe! I drove by in a cage right when the cops showed up - I saw the bike and it was amazing that it was still standing wedged under there, I didn't see a rider lying on the road so I took it as a good sign but still concerned. I was at the same intersection also coming back from Hockely/Terra Nova just 3 hours earlier.

Once again glad you are good - you should buy a lottery ticket!

All of the people that helped me said the same thing so I went to the store before I went home.
Lottery ticket..........Done!!

And thank you everyone for your concern and support, it means alot to me.

Wow. I've seen that before, normally trucks/suvs vs bike but still that's a scary image. Bright red bike, clear sunny day and she still "didn't see you".

View attachment 25361

There it is. I was behind the thick white line and that's where I ended up.
Click on link for larger image.

Glad you made out okay. That looks like the bike should be written off. Do you see that dent in her SUV's fender? Is that from before, or due to her hitting you? Either way, she hit you pretty hard!

I don't know about the dent but if it was from before you can only imagine what driving habits some people have.

Wow! That's f'n ridiculous she didn't see you!!!!! She needs her license taken away for good!

no, not FML, more like thank God I'm not dead and I can't wait to go bike shopping.

Wow... that the bike still stayed upright and attached to her hulking vehicle.. You're lucky to be relatively allright (I hope it's not too bad since yesterday)

I'm amazed at the fact her vehicle already has a dent in the front right quarter panel.. seems like the driver is very careless.

Take them to court if you lose any money on your bike... I have been hit twice when I was younger and more naive, thinking, "Oh insurance will take care of it". If she had hit me nowadays, I'd be on the phone so fast with a lawyer.

Back
Top Bottom