Weird harley culture | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Weird harley culture

I attended the Ride for Dad this year on my Harley in Kitchener. Probably 500-600 bikes. Probably 75% of them were Harleys. Not one fight/incident/brawl occurred at any of the checkpoints or on the road. Every rider that I talked to was pleasant and only interested in riding. I will agree that there are 1%'ers out there and they ride Harleys. But that's only 1% of us.

Perhaps if you rode with more of us, your perspective may change. We don't all carry bats.

The worst that will happen if you meet an annoying yamaha rider, is they will tell you, you have the wrong klim jacket

Seems I've ruffled more HD feathers than a fortnine episode.

Putting aside harley for a bit, imo you definitely do meet the nicest people on hondas.
You ruffled riders feathers do to your post, the brand does not matter.
You made some huge assumptions based on one persons behavior and the t-shirt they wore that day.
Now stop making up stories and go ride. Be sure to check your oil.. :ROFLMAO:

What I’m seeing is a ton of people changing their riding styles, the adv bikes are killing the market right now
Agreed, change is good. I'm looking forward to getting some time on a new motorcycle.

Get 2 bikes ... maybe 3. Each a different style.
Would love that, but one at a time is good enough, at least for me.

1976 Harley FXE owner (converted to FLH)
Always wear my FirstGear jacket, Arai Signet helmet, Alpinestar gloves
No tattoos
No Facial hair
Have never acted tough or thought of myself as such.

Your stereotypical view says more about you than actual Harley riders.
Stereotypical views? Go to a bike night meetup. 95% of my "views" or observations are pretty much true. Did I say it was a bad thing? No. Only views. Same could be said for adventure riders like myself. Views are not an insult. I do not get offended. I ride a vstrom. Total nerd bike.
edit: Sorry I didn't mean all Harley guys are tough. In fact they are 95% nice people.

Last edited:
Stereotypical views? Go to a bike night meetup. 95% of my "views" or observations are pretty much true. Did I say it was a bad thing? No. Only views. Same could be said for adventure riders like myself. Views are not an insult. I do not get offended. I ride a vstrom. Total nerd bike.
edit: Sorry I didn't mean all Harley guys are tough. In fact they are 95% nice people.
I'm in the process of switching from a cruiser to an ADV bike and while I'll miss my cruiser, I am looking forward to trying something new.
I'll be honest, I have been to one bike meet in the last 5 years and things have not changed much. 95% of the people are great and just looking to show up and enjoy the people and bikes, then you get the very few "loud pipes" & "red line rockets" for 30 seconds and it goes back to a normal meet..

Vstrom's are awesome bikes!

I commute 9 months a year and 140km almost daily, rain or shine. Great highway bike. No style points though :LOL:
I like orange bikes, what is style?

I'm in the process of switching from a cruiser to an ADV bike and while I'll miss my cruiser, I am looking forward to trying something new.
I'll be honest, I have been to one bike meet in the last 5 years and things have not changed much. 95% of the people are great and just looking to show up and enjoy the people and bikes, then you get the very few "loud pipes" & "red line rockets" for 30 seconds and it goes back to a normal meet..

Vstrom's are awesome bikes!
I'd feel left out and made fun of if I went to a bike meet. My bike is ugly with duck tape and totally not shiny. I have nothing to show off lol.
I like orange bikes, what is style?
Suzuki Vstrom 650 .

I'd feel left out and made fun of if I went to a bike meet. My bike is ugly with duck tape and totally not shiny. I have nothing to show off lol.
No way, I love to see the "well ridden" bikes they have the most character and the best conversations.
Even as a HD rider, I was never a fan of anything chrome or shiny.

I literally JUST saw this in the Triumph forums:

1690218322928.png

Back
Top Bottom