Weekend Practice - West End / Brampton | GTAMotorcycle.com

Weekend Practice - West End / Brampton

monkeyfarm

Site Supporter
I want to head out and practice low speed stuff on weekend mornings. Will try for either Saturday or Sunday mornings, 9am-10am ish, depending on weather. Trying to get a feeling for interest from the community. Details below:

Road is a dead end at the heart of an industrial park. I used to do deliveries here and just checked it out recently, it's still empty on weekends. There are empty lots in the area but the road itself is wide enough and maintained enough for figure 8's and U-turns. Not a through-road so easy to spot oncoming traffic, if any, and keep things safe. Gas stations and restaurants in the area are plentiful. I'll have a first-aid kit and cones on hand. Bring whatever you need to keep yourself safe.

Willpower Meter
1656523025337.png
Saturday Morning
Clear and cool, it's go time!
Sunday Morning
Sunny but hot, hide inside.

Last edited:
Will be heading over Sunday morning, Saturday my car is in the shop so I'm stuck there.

Man, too bad, I guess I left right before you..

View attachment 55824
Great shot! Yeah, Wind Shear came by and we headed up through Caledon. We only left around 11:30-11:45, sorry to have missed you.

Can confirm though, there's a great lot just to your left that was good for practice (minus some pinecones). Will do this again, weather permitting.

Great shot! Yeah, Wind Shear came by and we headed up through Caledon. We only left around 11:30-11:45, sorry to have missed you.

Can confirm though, there's a great lot just to your left that was good for practice (minus some pinecones). Will do this again, weather permitting.
Was good to get some slow speed practice, nailed quite a few tight u turns and 8's, fluffed just as many.

Then had my hubris checked later at the forks, apologies to that rider who nearly came head to head with a red Ducati (if you're here)

I'll be out here again on the Canada Day weekend, weather permitting. This weekend, for me, is fooked, and so's my clutch.

I'll be out here again on the Canada Day weekend, weather permitting. This weekend, for me, is fooked, and so's my clutch.

What day? I have to work on the long weekend, but my schedule is flexible so I’d come to practice.. Need to work on my GP8 :)

What day? I have to work on the long weekend, but my schedule is flexible so I’d come to practice.. Need to work on my GP8 :)

Oh that'll be fun, I suck at figure 8s.

I was thinking Saturday morning, since this is all slow speed stuff, the cooler weather will help. Plus there's a slight chance I may be hung-over Sunday morning so not ideal.

Oh that'll be fun, I suck at figure 8s.

I was thinking Saturday morning, since this is all slow speed stuff, the cooler weather will help. Plus there's a slight chance I may be hung-over Sunday morning so not ideal.

I only have till 11am on Sunday, so I'd prefer Saturday too.
what time? 9am? 10 like last time?
and now i know to add extra 15min to your set time lol

have you tried "circle of trust"? - that would be interesting to what min radius we could get down to...
i'll have measuring tape to get correct setup..

I only have till 11am on Sunday, so I'd prefer Saturday too.
what time? 9am? 10 like last time?
and now i know to add extra 15min to your set time lol

have you tried "circle of trust"? - that would be interesting to what min radius we could get down to...
i'll have measuring tape to get correct setup..
Measuring tape would be good, I have 5 but somehow keep forgetting to bring one when I need it.

10am sounds good and this time I won't be getting lost 😅...

Measuring tape would be good, I have 5 but somehow keep forgetting to bring one when I need it.

10am sounds good and this time I won't be getting lost 😅...

I actually “borrowed” measuring tape from my friend with both Meters and Feet, as I found all these Jap schematics are in meters..

See you Sat @10am.

I actually “borrowed” measuring tape from my friend with both Meters and Feet, as I found all these Jap schematics are in meters..

See you Sat @10am.
Doctors appointment taking longer than expected, will be there for 10:30. Don't hate me too much 😅 ...

Back
Top Bottom