Weather threads here. | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Weather threads here.

Re: Oh joy ....such lovely riding weather coming..NOT!

Veej - I'm no fair weather rider but this year was not conducive to late winter riding. The bitching is well justified. It's late Apr FFS.
Also ...riding in -10 is enduring.
There have been years where riding all winter is practical - this was not one of them.

The funny thing is this winter being so long and crap is what got me to stop bitching about it and got me to dive into colder temps, I became more resilient to negatives and even cold rain when temps where just 2 - 3c with rain, and when the temps hoovered around 0 -2 they seemed nice an balmy compared to the -7 and -8.

For the last 9 years my normal season is March to December every year, usually by the time we get into December I start missing a few days here and there starting in November due to early snow and slush, but always have a few days into deep December, and then back out in Late Feb or early March.

This year rode in late Feb when we had that week of awesome weather and then March started crappy and missed the first 2 weeks of March and by the 3rd I was fed up since I had a taste of the late Feb ride, therefore mid March I just started riding again with early morning temps some days at -8 and evenings at -3, and ever since then have been commuting, minus this Monday and Tuesday due to Ice Storm Slush on the roads.

I'm just saying we all should just get out there if we can, the ride is still so much fun than the TTC, just got to bundle up and ride accordingly.

I think I'd sell my bike before I would ever ride at -10 degC.

picked up my ride today in Virgil @ Niagara Race Crafters...Freezing on QEW

20180420_140634_1_.jpg

BB

Last edited:

Time to change your name busabim?

Did my first ride of the year today!

Still lots of sand, even on some of the main roads. Lots of wet from melting snow. Had to give the bike a quick wash after.

Recommend not riding yet if you don't have to.

Re: Oh joy ....such lovely riding weather coming..YESSSS!

Are you kidding - it's gorgeous out - dozens of bikes at the Forks - lovely ride up. Your bike won't melt ....get out there. :rolleyes:

LgaSsHhYn_XgZ3Urjtq3XzwzCpWWItjk2ht8SBkNM7vd59kL9QCZHYRK5ku8zlNefryAr_BWPNJRV7n-QalSCSP4IreX06PobYvMLYyEJWDWZVy-Q72fjMNsb6LYDbHBCY_cEDB6Jifa3nBvunF5qQWAtrbvQ2nMikVao3XiHl_UAMig-acyDmoyq9iQuyyvjti1RdycDMfVyTYrl1wGkZe5YekN7bfj-j05EtcJ10pcDt_Jin4mO8FPe0z5fZsRlZmG0F1r6ybhCjFASPPVs-twPB97WS9sHSzR9BSEAYP9MYukFTu8GJmRVF_h5iIN9Drs_DWi6_g1jUH9pM3qE2ggwgvu6bftwR3hVJHHRT7jrjTM6nWop0He1wIO9k8S1WwPMMHaWpA0cizSfgmL-dDxcA0c_JRDGcioPF9I4vSlsBJawcLSDxtIu7xp-mu_Y_o_ipr2gZpSAxSSKLTBCh3iPkcucdDCNzqfUse4FkrpGo752YMUzd_a625Pahrozx94J4p7Zb-_9EZllPiiOCVO6lBZucHCnWVUnWf7tu7eUe3UBaMv1JP15vWUHG7u_mMH3k325-sej6JHqX-jguo7JstXSpCdmP38Pf6B=w640-h480-no

Good test day as this is about as cold as it would get out west in June in the mountains and I was nice and snug ....even had a layer or two left and no heated gear on.

Last edited:
Re: Oh joy ....such lovely riding weather coming.YES!!!!!!

Yep good riding out there now. Still a bite of that cold air out there. Also watch the water puddles in the shadows may still be frozen, icy.

Sent from the moon!

Re: Oh joy ....such lovely riding weather coming.YES!!!!!!

I Was out today driving around Hamilton today. Break in time for the new bike. Lots of bikes out. Stay safe.

I also won't ride in the rain. Come at me

Ever go further than the nearest Tim Hortons?

Anyhow, I was out a good part of the day, burned a full tank and got the winter fuel out. Felt great, a little chilly to the north in some spots, but NO complaints.

Also watch the water puddles in the shadows may still be frozen, icy.

When it's 11 degrees and full sun out there are no puddles that are frozen anymore.

Last edited:

Was nice to finally get the Tuono out of storage and put a few kms on it. It was a beautiful day, especially compared to just a week ago...

When it's 11 degrees and full sun out there are no puddles that are frozen anymore.

I guess you didn't get out early like I did. Still some slush and yes frozen spots

Sent from the Moon!

Time to change your name busabim?

How about Kawabim? Was thinking it might be time to change the moniker as well , lol; Been using busabim for a long time

kbb

Rode into my exam at 7 and it was still pretty warm. Ended up a party after and just got home now. So cold. :pale:

20180420_140634_1_.jpg

Firebird comes to mind with that paint job ....How about FireBim.

Tons of bikes out ...stopping for a late lunch at Hockley General store ....considering a longish day up further north since the daylight is noticeably longer and I really need saddle time. Got a book I'm listening to. Right now 800 km days seems impossibly long.

Back
Top Bottom