We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot? | Page 161 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Know you Ride, But do you Shoot?

I believe he is in Erin which does not have a bylaw. Eramosa has a no firearm discharge by law

Sent from the future
Erin has no firearm discharge in residential areas. He has some neighbours. Is that a residential area? That often comes down to whether the complainant or shooter has more juice with the municipality.

Erin has no firearm discharge in residential areas. He has some neighbours. Is that a residential area? That often comes down to whether the complainant or shooter has more juice with the municipality.
Only an issue if neighbours complain. Make friends with neighbours, heck maybe they would like to target shoot also.

Only an issue if neighbours complain. Make friends with neighbours, heck maybe they would like to target shoot also.
At my parents place, shooting is allowed. There is a neighbour a concession away that occasionally calls in "illegal hunting on their land" while providing directions to my parents place. No issues other than head scratching when mnr shows up. Whoever makes the calls never tried to contact us. Hasn't happened for a few years. Not sure if they were told to stop wasting resources or if they moved. Obviously mnr doesn't tell you exactly who complained but they'll often tell you which direction they might be headed to discuss their findings with the complainant.

We had 100acres in Campbellville ( Halton) . 1 kms from anybody , but one new nieghbour spoiled all the fun . Halton has a no target shooting bylaw

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

We had 100acres in Campbellville ( Halton) . 1 kms from anybody , but one new nieghbour spoiled all the fun . Halton has a no target shooting bylaw

So put a rabbit cage put near things that look like targets but definitely aren't. If you are using a 308 to hunt rabbits and you are a terrible shot, whose to stop you?

Similar to my town. One side of the road can be residential (prohibited), and the other side rural (fire away!) Read the bylaw to find the boundaries.

Open a bank account get a shotgun , that’s American

So everyone is now taking the restricted arms course . You join a gun club , “hire “ a coach who fills out the form that your training to try out for the Olympics . You get a handgun! The loophole is being tested right now . I like it .

Another massive failure...let's send the posties to go pick up those guns!

Good on Canada Post for refusing to follow through with this idiotic plan. Last thing we need is posties with targets on their back (literally) as they would be transporting the bought back guns. Who's going to back them up? How many would sell the guns and say they got 'stolen / lost' in the truck?

Idiots.

Can't wait for this thing to be repealed...and I don't own any guns!

How willing would any of the GTAM posties be to try and confiscate guns from non-compliant gun owners? I sure as hell wouldn't do it.

This is a special day at my house , we all remember with different views . My favourite uncle , who was a functional drunk , womanizing prick and all round knucklehead , but loved by most of us . Somehow came into possession of about 20 long guns that were his dads and grandfathers, he gets into another domestic and the OPP confiscate all the guns . More than sentimental value several had historic value and were quite value in themselves . After 4 yrs of lobbying by the family to have the guns returned to a different family member , with paperwork and no record , some of the guns had just disappeared in transit. No paper trail , like they were never confiscated.

This is a special day at my house , we all remember with different views . My favourite uncle , who was a functional drunk , womanizing prick and all round knucklehead , but loved by most of us . Somehow came into possession of about 20 long guns that were his dads and grandfathers, he gets into another domestic and the OPP confiscate all the guns . More than sentimental value several had historic value and were quite value in themselves . After 4 yrs of lobbying by the family to have the guns returned to a different family member , with paperwork and no record , some of the guns had just disappeared in transit. No paper trail , like they were never confiscated.

How those instances don't get investigated as theft with vigor is beyond comprehension. Police in Canada are completely out of control. There needs to be almost a wholesale purge to get the criminals out (and those that support the criminals). Maybe they could make an example of one force (york should be easy enough). Prosecute all the low-hanging fruit and fire all those that knew or should have known about the infractions and failed to report or act on reports.

I’m on Canada Post side on this . Having your rural posty van high jacked by dirt road gangsters? Yeah , no thanks .

100% agree. Since government approved boxes are being provided for this effort (f me will that ever add a fortune to this dumpster fire), drop off makes sense to me. You aren't walking into somewhere carrying a gun, you are carrying a sealed box (and using something like a numbered container seal cable helps ensure that the box and its contents make it to the final destination without being pillaged).

Went to shoot skeet this am , 30km winds , rain which was not forecast and so miserable I may as well gone into the office.

Oh who am I kidding, I’ll stand in the rain and miss targets till my fingers freeze if it means not going near my office. And I own part of the place lol .

Back
Top Bottom