We Dream About It...But He Did It | GTAMotorcycle.com

We Dream About It...But He Did It

an amazing adventure!

It's really not that hard to make your dreams into reality. It just depends on how much you really want it.

It's on our bucket list. Wife and I are planning on it in 2015/2016. The HUBB is another great forum for traveling the world by bike. Lots of blogs out there, a guy from Hamilton and his wife are doing it right now, actually I think they are planning on a RTW. It's stuff like this that fuels the soul, especially during the winter when we don't get much riding in.

Although I did take the STeed out for a ride today to top up the tank before doing an oil change, temp gauge read 21F. Funny, I wasn't cold.

There's also a Horizons Meeting planned for Sept. 2012 - the 1st one in Ontario. Good place to meet up with other travelers and be inspired to do your own trip.

There's also a Horizons Meeting planned for Sept. 2012 - the 1st one in Ontario. Good place to meet up with other travelers and be inspired to do your own trip.

LoL, I just realized who you are. Wife and I really enjoyed following your blog. We're planning on attending the Ontario HUBB meeting and hoping we can get to the NC one also.

LoL, I just realized who you are. Wife and I really enjoyed following your blog. We're planning on attending the Ontario HUBB meeting and hoping we can get to the NC one also.

Thanks for following along. It was a life changing experience and trying to settle back in kinda sucks. Hopefully we can chat at the HUBB meeting.

SOUTH AMERICA: 360 DEGREES
http://xe.com/125 days: 19 Feb - 22 Jun 4 Places left
Rider: US $33,990 / Co-Rider: US $24,990

Compass bike rental
F 650 GS: US $120.00 per day
F 800 GS: US $130.00 per day
R 1200 GS: US $145.00 per day

Take your own bike and you will have a lot more fun + it will work out a lot cheaper. We found on our travels the few times that we rode with others, we interacted less with locals and preferred to be on our own.

In groups like these, you will stop as a group for gas, breaks, lunch stops etc. and then end up spending the evening together as well. Locals are less likely to approach you in a group and you will be less likely to learn the language and speak to locals if in a group. You will end up pretty much speaking English through your entire trip. Learning Spanish is half the fun as well.

Latin America is not that difficult of a ride. Riders themselves make it out to be harder than it actually is. My wife learnt how to ride 2 yrs. prior to her riding her own bike (DR650) some 55K km through Latin America and Africa. Again, it is very doable.

SOUTH AMERICA: 360 DEGREES
125 days: 19 Feb - 22 Jun 4 Places left
Rider: US $33,990 / Co-Rider: US $24,990

Compass bike rental
F 650 GS: US $120.00 per day
F 800 GS: US $130.00 per day
R 1200 GS: US $145.00 per day

Take your own bike and you will have a lot more fun + it will work out a lot cheaper. We found on our travels the few times that we rode with others, we interacted less with locals and preferred to be on our own.

In groups like these, you will stop as a group for gas, breaks, lunch stops etc. and then end up spending the evening together as well. Locals are less likely to approach you in a group and you will be less likely to learn the language and speak to locals if in a group. You will end up pretty much speaking English through your entire trip. Learning Spanish is half the fun as well.

Latin America is not that difficult of a ride. Riders themselves make it out to be harder than it actually is. My wife learnt how to ride 2 yrs. prior to her riding her own bike (DR650) some 55K km through Latin America and Africa. Again, it is very doable.

Wish I had the time to do something like this, would be an incredible ride. I am thinking of doing one of their S. American tours in a few years, 16 days or maybe a 25 day tour.

Back
Top Bottom