Wawanesa Ins | GTAMotorcycle.com

Wawanesa Ins

htm77

I received a registered letter from Wawanesa today saying they no longer insure Supermotos and canceled my insurance on my CRF230M,
Did anyone else get one?

Wha - why would they bail on supermotos?

I believe you, but what could their business case for this be? Did a CRF230 fall out of the sky and land on an underwriter's house or something?

"Any Motards, Super Motards and Motocross motorcycles" covers a lot of ground but is also pretty definitive. I suspect it falls into the category of looking at a very small base with possibly a year or two lower profits than hoped, and just axing the entire class out of an abundance of caution.

It wouldn't take many big claims (one, possibly) to negate profits on what I bet is no more than a couple hundred policies. I suspect Supermoto stats are not dissimilar to sportbikes, especially as many get used for general hooliganism...

Here is the kicker I also have a DRZ400SM and they renewed fine, I know they don't care but it is probably going to cost them all my stuff, 3 cars ,truck, 4 motorcycles 2 snowmobiles and a ATV

Here is the kicker I also have a DRZ400SM and they renewed fine, I know they don't care but it is probably going to cost them all my stuff, 3 cars ,truck, 4 motorcycles 2 snowmobiles and a ATV
Yep that’s what i would do.

They must think its a converted mx bike... just tell them its a small displacement dual sport.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

I would do the same. You want to exclude one thing, lose all things.

This company has no interest in Motorcycle Insurance, I cancelled them after 30years of home and 6 years of Bike coverage after the they increased my bike insurance by 52% !
They practice package selling and raised my Bike Insurance because I could not give them my Auto policy as well. (My car is covered in a Fleet policy)

This is a strange company. I see them at the bike shows and at CBSK and they are friendly and want to quote me, but they will only quote one of my three bikes and they were high. Out of curiosity, I asked to quote my cars and they would not quote one and were high on the other while the third I didn't even mention.
They seem to be big on marketing and hoping that a friendly face will overcome high prices.

I was with them a few years ago insuring my 05 gixxer 1000 and just before i cancelled because it was going track only it went under $1000. Their pricing was the best at the time but they would not touch anything over 1000 cc. So my tuono 1100 was out of the question. I'm sure they are like any insurance company. If the stats don't line up they bail. It's all about making money.

They didn't want do my Blackbird, and had to fight with them to do my Yamaha Apex, waiting to hear back about the 230, they offered another company with almost a 200% increase, the 230 is the most harmless thing I have LOL

Tried to get my KTM 950 SMR insured with them (already have like 5 others with them) and got the same response ("we don't insure those bikes"). Went to Dejardins for the same price I expected to pay with Wawanesa.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom