Watch two bikes crash from 5 different angles | GTAMotorcycle.com

Watch two bikes crash from 5 different angles

Second guy was following to close?

First guy got lucky he slid under the guardrail right in between the posts.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

First guy lost the front on the KTM why the second followed , i have no idea.

BB

My money is on guy two touching the front brakes and/or trying to lean a little more to miss guy 1. Hopefully they learned not to ride so f'n close together on the street. There is no need.

My money is on guy two touching the front brakes and/or trying to lean a little more to miss guy 1. Hopefully they learned not to ride so f'n close together on the street. There is no need.

+1 for front brake to avoid, cuz guy #1 would've got run over if guy #2 stayed on the line he was on!

It almost looks like the first guy dragged his knee a little too much, or had more lean angle than necessary...? thoughts (from more experienced people)?

I don't see why he needed to stick out his knee so much :\

That corner is like the Bermuda Triangle of bikes. There is no reason but it always swallows up bikes

Don't know if it's true, but I've read that that one part of the turn (on Mulholland) goes slightly off-camber, throwing off less experienced riders. I wonder if there's money to be made selling footage of that road to insurance companies. Setup a bunch of drones, three shifts of techs and BOOM! Profit. Call it DroneSnitch Inc.

Last edited:
+1 for front brake to avoid, cuz guy #1 would've got run over if guy #2 stayed on the line he was on!

It almost looks like the first guy dragged his knee a little too much, or had more lean angle than necessary...? thoughts (from more experienced people)?

I don't see why he needed to stick out his knee so much :\
It's a pretty tall bike, like a supermoto. They generally don't lend themselves to knee dragging so you gotta hang way off.

First guy lost the front on the KTM why the second followed , i have no idea.

BB
Hit the front brake. Most riders would do the same. Pretty hard to tell your brain to keep your line and hope the other bike slides out of the way.

I've done the the Mulholland a couple times and definitely difficult. Aside from the design of the corner which has everything from the elevation change, changes of camber, etc.
You have the intimidation factor with regulars hanging out at the corner watching you and your technique. Cops are everywhere during the weekends, pedal bikes are everywhere, tourists in front cruising and fast bikes behind you .

Looks like the KTM's suspension was upset which made the rider lose his composure/position. I dunno.

Third guy on the Bimmer looks like he was on rails. Nice swerve.

Looks like the KTM's suspension was upset which made the rider lose his composure/position. I dunno.

Third guy on the Bimmer looks like he was on rails. Nice swerve.

it was close for the 3rd guy too. watch the drone view and you can see he locked up the front for an instant, before getting off the front brake and saving it. i wonder why these guys aren't doing td's instead?

They weren't going that fast. Just not sure of the need to follow each other so close. I instinctively maintain a much bigger bubble around me when riding. I feel violated just watching the vid.

Over the years I think I've seen 50 YT videos of people losing it on that same turn and most seem to be the front end washing out. Great spectator sport I guess as there are almost always legions of people hanging around on the inside of the corner. Camber and tightness of the curve aside I wonder if the pavement is burnished from decades of fast traffic and has no grip.

Back
Top Bottom