Wasaga Beach - Stay Away | GTAMotorcycle.com

Wasaga Beach - Stay Away

-Maverick-

The beach is closed, the main beach road is gone as the water got so high they had to increase the height of the sand and install breaker walls, there's no parking permitted unless you're a resident and OPP are on the beach in ATV's kicking people off. Stay away. It's a cluster F. They're redoing the bridges too...so once you get into this mess of traffic, you can't get out.

The guy formerly known as Mladin.

i find this is the summer for bridge work, a lot of the roads iv'e been on has detours do to bridge work being done

i find this is the summer for bridge work, a lot of the roads iv'e been on has detours do to bridge work being done
That's a good plan. Better now than next summer but I assume it is just coincidence. Wasaga has been redoing bridges for about a year IIRC so that part of the mess is just a coincidence.

I drove out to Vancouver 4 summers ago... EVERY bridge on #17 north of Sault Ste. Marie was under some sort of construction/repair.

I "just" drove out to Sask. and back this week. In Ontario there are only about three areas of slowdown between the border with Manitoba and Barrie due to bridge work...

I drove out to Vancouver 4 summers ago... EVERY bridge on #17 north of Sault Ste. Marie was under some sort of construction/repair.

I "just" drove out to Sask. and back this week. In Ontario there are only about three areas of slowdown between the border with Manitoba and Barrie due to bridge work...

that's on the big hwy, lots of the smaller roads in the rural areas are being worked on

I spent a career as a Civil Engineer in bridge construction (among other projects) and have mixed views on what practically should have and should not have been replaced or rebuilt. Every project that impacts my biking always makes me wonder if those projects were even warranted. Worse is that the 'window' for summer construction is ever decreasing due to possible impacts to the ever expanding endangered listings of species being at risk. So it is safe to say that when the decent weather finally comes to us to ride our bikes, it will always fall into the construction 'window'..:(

I spent a career as a Civil Engineer in bridge construction (among other projects) and have mixed views on what practically should have and should not have been replaced or rebuilt. Every project that impacts my biking always makes me wonder if those projects were even warranted. Worse is that the 'window' for summer construction is ever decreasing due to possible impacts to the ever expanding endangered listings of species being at risk. So it is safe to say that when the decent weather finally comes to us to ride our bikes, it will always fall into the construction 'window'..:(
I am sure there are lots of "make work" projects in construction. Gov has to use up it's budget etc. Or makes it looks like they are doing something but it's nothing. Yet there are other areas of paving or rebuilding they could do which never happens. Ever drive down aveune road (south of 401). The road it perfect. I swear it get's rebuild every other year.

The beach is closed, the main beach road is gone as the water got so high they had to increase the height of the sand and install breaker walls, there's no parking permitted unless you're a resident and OPP are on the beach in ATV's kicking people off. Stay away. It's a cluster F. They're redoing the bridges too...so once you get into this mess of traffic, you can't get out.

The guy formerly known as Mladin.
Yeah I was up there a few weeks ago. Beach 1 road, confirmed is washed out. The closest you can get to it now is the far side where there is a loop. The bridge is a pain. But honestly Wasaga was always a $hit show on the week-ends best not to go there at that time.

Back
Top Bottom