? WAS THIS A FRAUDULENT KIJIJI TRANSACTION? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

? WAS THIS A FRAUDULENT KIJIJI TRANSACTION?

reading comprehension folks, Op says he will send the money to his buddy Vernon, buddy Vernon will meet the vendor of the part. No pull backs on a charge card or wire transfer. Just a life lesson.

According to ebay, it's worth about $100, let's go high and say you spent $200. Suck it up, and move on.

Resell it to recoup your money.

Ya ya ya, talk is cheap....move on with this nothing burger it is the internet that is hacked daily or is minutely...

According to ebay, it's worth about $100, let's go high and say you spent $200. Suck it up, and move on.

/QUOTE]

Dear Lord, this part is worth $100??? I just spent more than that on dinner. Well to be fair it was 2 of us, and a pizza place. Oy Vey

As others have said, you're probably going to end up paying 4-12x what you probably paid for it to pursue it in small claims, and even if you win . you're just going to get a judgement - you still have to collect. If he tells you to piss off, then what? Send it to a collection agency that'll take 50% of the debt to hound him down for the money?

Cut your losses, move on, and yeah...delete this post before he decides to sue *you* because it was a misunderstanding somehow and you're in a libell situation here.

OEM price for the swing arm is over $2000. In his original post for the swing arm, Mr. Sheran said he took it off of a 2010 Honda 1000RR, that why I wanted to clarify this in my email I sent him. Once it was clarified, I went ahead with the purchase. At this point I have a contract with Mr. Sheran and he broke it by lying about the part. Etc.

Just curious to see for myself the outcome when someone misrepresents a product they sold on kijiji.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

OEM price is irrelevant. What did you pay?

The outcome isn’t going to be what you may envision in your head, however.

If I cannot find a used swing arm, the OEM price is relevant if I want to get back on track this season.

Like I said, I just want to see the process for myself; and yes I know my chances of recovering anything is this case is like 5%.

This could become a matter of principle case in that the costs involved will greatly exceed the price of the object.

Winning on principles at an unreasonable cost is similar to martyrdom. One has to ask if the cost of battle could have better been used on a more worthy cause.

I haven't been to small claims for ages but IIRC the route was

File fees weren't that much back then but took time to research as it was new to me.

Mediation attempt (Time)

Actual trial time and if successful obtain a judgement

Pursue payment through access to bank accounts, wage garnishments etc time

The OP didn't state the cost of the item.

Curious, what happened to the original swing-arm that it needs replacing?

Thanks for the post but I need a swing arm from a 2008-2011 Honda 1000RR, not from a Honda 600RR. But the pics of the swing arm for sale in the post looks like the swing arm Mr. Sheran sold me. Lol.

Try Woody's in Perth, he has a !@#$ load of big bike scrap parts. Might be cheaper if you go there to look for it yourself, his inventory is measured in acres.

Thanks for the post but I need a swing arm from a 2008-2011 Honda 1000RR, not from a Honda 600RR. But the pics of the swing arm for sale in the post looks like the swing arm Mr. Sheran sold me. Lol.

Or cheaper if you go through ebay.com and ship it to the border

Well good then we have a better idea of what you are talking about in terms of price. The part in the add I posted is $225.
If you purchased your similar part for a similar price, I doubt it makes much sense to go forward with the small claims process.

Just to file is $102, plus delivery of notice, plus copies of paper work. Plus your time to do all this.
I know, I know, fight for your rights and prinicple. But it doens't seem worth it.

Just resell the part and recover some loss's this would be a better move.

Back
Top Bottom