War of the hypernakeds | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

War of the hypernakeds

The best definition of character I could come up with is if it makes you feel things when your ride it, thats character, weather its grins/terror/excitement or shaking from an agricultural twin.

Definitely subjective. Well said.

The best definition of character I could come up with is if it makes you feel things when your ride it, thats character, weather its grins/terror/excitement or shaking from an agricultural twin.

At the end of the day character is subjective. If someone thinks a bike has character who am I or anyone else to tell them they are wrong.
I hate this gate keeping mentality. The 'you are enjoying this hobby wrong'.
Where do we draw the line? Can a bike with disc brakes have character? If a bike can go faster than the speed limit can it have character?
Calling people posers because they don't enjoy a hobby the way you have deemed it to be. Piss off with that crap.
I don't want to "keep" anyones "gate". You can enjoy "this hobby" anyway you want. I exceed the speed limit every time I operate any motorized vehicle. I never said a bike with disc brakes can't have character. I rode a 850 Norton Commando for 22 yrs. It had a disc brake up front & had more "character" than you'll ever be exposed to. I just asked a few questions & gave a few opinions. Your reference to urine & feces does little to substantiate a credible opinion.

Since we're all basing character on opinion...

IMO, a bike has "character" if it is lacking at least two or more of these:

1. performance
2. reliability
3. cheap to purchase/maintain

Royal Enfield: missing 1 and 2. *boom* Character
Ducati: missing 2 and 3. *boom* Character
Harley: missing 1, 2 *AND* 3... *BOOM*...

:)

Back
Top Bottom