want to street fighter my r6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

want to street fighter my r6

How much would it cost to..... take a bunch of parts off the bike and install a handlebar?

Gimme $2000, I'll get 'er done for ya.

I'm looking to turn my bike into this. How much would it cost for a shop to do it? I don't have the time, or the tools.

View attachment 30248

http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53108&page=2

oh ****... that means i have to see how much i have spent!!!!!

the bike once all up and running owes me $3600 AUD with 26k on the clock.

and with the mods, forks, swing arm, new tail, exhaust etc,add another $1800 AUD

so all up it owes $5400 AUD not bad really when stock bikes with 50k are going for $6000 here....

(thats what he spent on his project plus shop time you probably looking at 2500 and up)

Last edited:
Basically the answer is: absolutely not worth it to let a shop do it for you

Ask on R6-forum, they'll probably have more answers for you.

-Jamie M.

All you have to do to get your bike to look like that is lay it down, take the scratched fairings off and add a ebay headlight and MX bars and your golden.

I have always looked at street fighters as cheap fixes to lowsides.....

The front
You'll need a headlight, custom speedo bracket, mounting hardware for the light, possibly turn signals to mount, handle bar, SS lines, forks, levers, and mirrors. I would ball park it at about $700 in parts. Then 4 to 5 hours in shop labour for electrical, assembly and possible machining cost to get the forks to fit with your triple.

The rear
You would need the swing arm, rear tail fairing, tail light, rider seat and passenger seat, and seat lock assembly. Let's say about $600. Plus labour and possibly paint.

Last edited:
This would depend what you consider a street fighter, seems like a lot of people consider that crashing your bike and not fixing it....Just slap on a $100 headlight and your done...Maybe some dirt bars...

So what do you want?

The front
You'll need a headlight, custom speedo bracket, mounting hardware for the light, possibly turn signals to mount, handle bar, SS lines, forks, levers, and mirrors. I would ball park it at about $700 in parts. Then 4 to 5 hours in shop labour for electrical, assembly and possible machining cost to get the forks to fit with your triple.

The rear
You would need the swing arm, rear tail fairing, tail light, rider seat and passenger seat, and seat lock assembly. Let's say about $600. Plus labour and possibly paint.

this is what i was looking for. thanks for the post.

This would depend what you consider a street fighter, seems like a lot of people consider that crashing your bike and not fixing it....Just slap on a $100 headlight and your done...Maybe some dirt bars...

So what do you want?

that's what I was thinking...you could probably make money by making your bike look like that and selling the stock bodywork and lights

All you have to do to get your bike to look like that is lay it down, take the scratched fairings off and add a ebay headlight and MX bars and your golden.

I have always looked at street fighters as cheap fixes to lowsides.....

Same. Every kijiji ad I see with "Custom street fighter mod" looks like 'layer down in the kitty litter and stripped of parts'

Back
Top Bottom