Vstrom 1050xa review | GTAMotorcycle.com

Vstrom 1050xa review

Evoex

The God
Site Supporter
VStrom is on my short list for a second (ADV-sh) bike... 'Seems like a good value for the $.
Undecided on the 650 vs the 1050 though...

I'll never give up the FJR, but I'd like something a little more gravel friendly

VStrom is on my short list for a second (ADV-sh) bike... 'Seems like a good value for the $

I'll never give up the FJR, but I'd like something a little more gravel friendly
certainly is good bang for the buck!

nice bike, but next one will have to be something other than a v twin as I already have one
maybe a triple or a boxer twin

they're quite sought after. may or may not be overpriced. I think 10k is reasonable from a collector stand point and given its condition. Euro and australia would be a better market for this GS.
the prices have been going up on them for awhile now - I think it will still be a 10k plus bike in 5 years...

Last edited:
hmmm

Lovely, lovely bike.

I have a 2013 1200 GS with 280k on it and I was actually thinking about picking up a R1150GS and doing a nuts and bolts rebuild - complete with a Marlboro Dakar paint job - as its replacement. The old ones have a lot more character and regardless of the year its always going to be a crap shoot with that final drive which (IMHO) is the real weak point with all these bikes - so I may as well just get the one I like.

The only problem is that it would probably cost as much, if not more, than a new 1250GS :(

I do like the new Vstrom as well. I was always a fan of the DR BIG and it has that same retro look. It also comes in a Marlboro like paint scheme. That just makes any bike look good :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom