VRRA at Calabogie | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

VRRA at Calabogie

^^^
Best popcorn entertainment race thread in a while.

I swear I read a thread where bickle racing stated he turned 2:18's at bogie - on a ninja 250 - eyebrow raise. Correct me if Im wrong mr bickle. this lap time would be some good incentive for the lwt riders to get more seat time at bogie.

As an uninvolved spectator Im a bit surprised with the thread despite the entertainment. Clem never mentioned anyone's name. I don't see any "slander". Others mentioned names, but not clem. Now it seems there may have been a mistaken identity? ... just saying.

Did you really turn 18's mr bickle? or is my old brain memory fading lol. I do believe I remember correctly.

Best luck to all the lwt racers.
Clem made up a story that never happened.

^^^
Best popcorn entertainment race thread in a while.

I swear I read a thread where bickle racing stated he turned 2:18's at bogie - on a ninja 250 - eyebrow raise. Correct me if Im wrong mr bickle. this lap time would be some good incentive for the lwt riders to get more seat time at bogie.

As an uninvolved spectator Im a bit surprised with the thread despite the entertainment. Clem never mentioned anyone's name. I don't see any "slander". Others mentioned names, but not clem. Now it seems there may have been a mistaken identity? ... just saying.

Did you really turn 18's mr bickle? or is my old brain memory fading lol. I do believe I remember correctly.

Best luck to all the lwt racers.

Talking to John this weekend, on a Ninja 250 they were doing 2:32s with Turn2 and on the very well built ninja 250s 2:29s.

The fast R3 riders were doing 2:24s by sunday on a track none of them have ever turned laps on. Sandy from Pro6 was doing 2:26s, on an R3, in the rain, on slicks....

Track knowledge is everything at Bogie.

and no fear.

Where do they do the side hack races? those are awesome.

Thank you to all for the clarification. Its important for all interested parties (including me) to get all the facts.

Love the VRRA. I have a bit of a passion for old race bikes from the 60's and 70's. I use to race with them back in the 90's on a 500 Triumph. Lots of fun

+1 on the comment above about Marshals. I also use to do corner work with the CRCA. They are a great bunch of guys and give them a wave as its a very generous donation of time and effort on their part.

I need to read the thread again as its a little confusing why CSBK and RACE bikes are running in the same classes, although I've been working abroad for the last while so seems like there have been some changes. Am going to try and get out to Shannonville this weekend

Past decisions at the VRRA got them in a bit of financial hot water, which led to them inviting non vintage classes to help with the financials (Calabogie is expensive to rent and operate). Initially that was CSBK but this led to RACE also having their lightweight class, so that the entrants would be able to have more than one class. Not everyone was happy with these being included as points rounds, leads to being a long and expensive season. But, that's what led to this. Should add that VRRA was an invitation to a CSBK at Bogie a few years ago, and I did that, and it was a blast.

Thanks Brian. That makes perfect sense now. I would imagine that Calabogie would be much, much more expensive then Shanny or Grand Bend.

Its probably a great track for mixed class racing, bigger grids and multiple wave starts as its so long. It really gives the field time to string out. At Nelson the first wave is almost back at the start and finish before the second wave leaves.

Past decisions at the VRRA got them in a bit of financial hot water, which led to them inviting non vintage classes to help with the financials (Calabogie is expensive to rent and operate). Initially that was CSBK but this led to RACE also having their lightweight class, so that the entrants would be able to have more than one class. Not everyone was happy with these being included as points rounds, leads to being a long and expensive season. But, that's what led to this. Should add that VRRA was an invitation to a CSBK at Bogie a few years ago, and I did that, and it was a blast.

It actually started with RACE last season, in 2018. It was added mid-season, so no points.

They did the 2018 VRRA Mosport round too.

IIRC , they got CSBK involved at their 2018 Mosport round, there was a class in the Friday endurance called "CSBK light". Wasn't official though, as bikes weren't checked and some of the riders didn't qualify under AM lightweight rules.

It actually started with RACE last season, in 2018. It was added mid-season, so no points.

They did the 2018 VRRA Mosport round too.

IIRC , they got CSBK involved at their 2018 Mosport round, there was a class in the Friday endurance called "CSBK light". Wasn't official though, as bikes weren't checked and some of the riders didn't qualify under AM lightweight rules.

SOAR ran an endurance race back in 2014 with VRRA at Grand Bend. So its nothing new.

The late addition of RACE/CSBK lightweight to the VRRA event in 2018 (non-points) was to help with the financial situation that year. Two of VRRA's four events in 2018 were at Calabogie. Evidently, that was expensive.

VRRA classes have been invited to other events prior to that (SOAR, CSBK mentioned above) but AFAIK that event in 2018 was the first inclusion of a current-production-bikes class within a VRRA event. The 2019 situation, with those being points-paying in the other series, is AFAIK the first time this was planned as part of the season from the outset.

Back
Top Bottom