Viva Las Vegas | GTAMotorcycle.com

Viva Las Vegas

bobbyh

Wifey and I just got back from a week of riding in and around Las Vegas. I thought i'd add to some of the other posts on the subject/location.
We rented a H-D streetglide for me and a heritage softail for my wife from Eaglerider. HIGHLY RECOMMEND these folks as the bikes and the people are top shelf. I won't post pictures because others here have already done a great job of that. And,photos really don't do the scenery any justice,it's beautiful. We did red rock,Mt Charleston,fire valley and nipton rd. Poor weather though,one day record rainfall,and the next was record cold. Still rode though.

Here are a few things to consider if you're thinking of doing this:
Outside of Vegas there can be alot of mountains.This sounds cool until your partner reveals that the cliffs off the roadside are freaking her out.

At the end of the day when you're trying to get back to your hotel on the strip,about a hundred thousand cagers ,taxis and strollers are doing the same thing. Think about the DVP going the opposite direction at 5 pm.

Maybe just get a room off the strip. Parking can be difficult. Most people don't drive to Vegas.Those that do take the soccer van and get valet parking. Sorry but Peter pimplehead isn't parking my rental bike. We scored a great free lot behind Bally's/Paris.

Buy your own maps either electronic or paper.All the free ones are for people who already know where they're going.

Something you might find interesting, 70 to 80% of eaglrider customers are German,who knew?You can't miss them on the slabs cause they're trying to do 75 mph,2 up on a fatbob or some other naked Harley,in birkenstocks, open face helmets and windbreakers.

Speaking of gear,last point.
Air Canada kindly charged us an extra $50 to fly 2 helmets ,jackets,pairs of boots/gloves down with us. Should take your own gear but eaglerider says to ship it down before hand and it's way cheaper and easier.

All around we had a great time and would recommend the trip,even the Harleys were a nice change of pace.

Couldn't do the roads on a bike couple of weeks ago.My significant other hates bikes .But I rented A mustang GT and had a great time .Especially rock river canon run.

Glad you had a great time! I have yet to write another ride report of my last adventure there a few weeks ago.

Hey rbjeepthing. I was waiting for your report. Were you not trying the f6b? . Things seem quiet on the posting front,so maybe give us something new to read.

Hi folks.We actually didn't concern ourselves with hotel or flight because our Air Miles covered both for the two of us. The downside to that deal is that you really have to take the package they put together for you.The next time we will do something like you suggested as we can tailor it to our plans better.

If anyone is going to Las Vegas maybe we could look at getting a group ride as I would not mind going with a few people that already been there. Also need to get some winter riding in so was thinking of trailer my bike down south but if this is cheaper should not mind the scenery.

Sounds like fun. I've always wanted to ride las vegas... but then again half the time I have those thoughts I've been pretty wasted. I'm not sure how that'll work out but I think I want to try it :p

Hey rbjeepthing. I was waiting for your report. Were you not trying the f6b? . Things seem quiet on the posting front,so maybe give us something new to read.

Long story short I ended up on a Street Glide and riding way more then I had anticipated...lol. Apparently Eagle Rider Honda is a franchise and Eagle Rider HD is a corporate location. A few days before going I got a call from Honda stating the bike was double booked and I was not the first one so I'd have to switch which I was disappointed but fine with. Then a day before pickup they called to say the bike was available but the radio was broken. I stuck with the replacement Street Glide as our trip was a lot of slab for long periods of time and the radio was nice with a passenger.

Both locations were good to deal with but clearly the corporate location had heir stuff together better then the Honda location. I think next time I will likely call my resrvation in vs. booking online.

Wow. thats another thing I might want to try, I acutally have an upcoming trip planned for this next week. Might try to rent a nice exotic car and play with it.

Clark-20131118-00012.jpgHey all. Sorry but i'm trying to figure out how to post pics here. I am just doing a test here. This's Red Rock canyon and the '13 streetglide

I remember back in 2010 when I went to Vegas for the first time in July, I rented Ninja 650R.......I regretted it after 10min of riding since weather was +42C. On the third time in Vegas I rented Lambo Avantador and Ferrari Italia.

We missed DV due to the rain and regret not going there first. A dual sport there would be something you'd never forget. We did see a lot of cool car rentals around LV, some exotics and quite a few mustangs , but really had to watch out for them because some of them were clearly driving more machine than their skill allowed.

Hi Bobbyh .. small world we are from Cobourg also.

My wife and I rented a bike last April from Las Vegas Harley and did the "Las Vegas National Park Motorcycle Tour - Self Drive Motorcycle Tour" that we got from the Eagle Rider web site. It is advertised as 7 night 8 Day tour but of course that is two nights in Vegas so the actually bike tour is 5 nights, 6 days. This tour was absolutely amazing and far exceeded our expectations. We always thought that after this trip we would do the Pacific Coast Ride but now we are thinking we might have to do this one again. Obviously I would recommend this trip ... however it is a pretty easy trip as we did it in 4 nights 5 days as there was a real threat of bad weather on the 6th day so we cut it short, so next time we would add a side trip over to Monument Mountain area.

I remember back in 2010 when I went to Vegas for the first time in July, I rented Ninja 650R.......I regretted it after 10min of riding since weather was +42C. On the third time in Vegas I rented Lambo Avantador and Ferrari Italia.
Ahhh... the aventador and italia are the two best exotic cars out right now... How did you like it?

Back
Top Bottom